By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Takom Tiger 2 Repair dio

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael Walsh19/11/2017 03:26:35
196 forum posts
420 photos

Hello again,

Next installment of images, the etch side fenders.

I was surprised to see Voyager did not provide the front and rear fenders in the etch set. The only way you could obtain the front and rear fenders was purchasing the full external etch setangry

The etch set also fails to give you the 3 bolt on brackets on the front quarter fender which I had to rob from another etch set to complete.

Next step: the paintingsmiley

king tiger etch fenders.jpg

king tiger etch fenders2a.jpg

king tiger etch fenders3a.jpg

king tiger etch fenders4a.jpg

Michael

John Race19/11/2017 09:06:45
6321 forum posts
1336 photos

Looking good Michael.

As for not including the front and rear fenders with out buying the full set, typical of some after market suppliers.

John.

Michael Walsh20/11/2017 19:40:08
196 forum posts
420 photos

Thanks John,

Appreciate your comments.

Michael

Scottie20/11/2017 20:58:34
5632 forum posts
789 photos
1 articles

John,

​Looking good keep it coming

Scottie

Michael Walsh25/11/2017 11:21:13
196 forum posts
420 photos

Thanks Scottie,

Apologies for the late reply and thank you, currently in the midst of experimenting with Ammo's dunkelgelb.

Painting a swatch of the base colour and checking to see if this is going to be the right colour to use.

ammo paint.jpg

But first the Ammo black primer, and we move forward from there...yes smiley

Michael

John Race25/11/2017 18:53:40
6321 forum posts
1336 photos

Michael.

Hi

I've been absent for a short while, so glad I didn't miss any major updates. Will look fwd to your findings with the set, it does look helpful to have the whole lot in one box, rather than searching for the colours separately.

John.

Michael Walsh25/11/2017 23:54:02
196 forum posts
420 photos

Thanks John,

I think Ammo released the set of camo colours just after the release of the Takom Henchel Tiger release.

The colour is slightly different to the other Ammo dunkelgelb bought previously, and somehow this colour is slightly lighter than the earlier bottles.

I was under the impression and an be corrected as I thought the later tigers released around the bulge time was a sand type of colour. Looking at various Youtube footage the King tigers base colour looks to me as it was not Dunkelgelb.

I'm not trying to get an exact match on the Tiger 2 but it helps to keep along the theme I'm trying to replicate in the diorama.

I think there is a little more research needed before I move to the dunkelgelb as the base colour.

Michael

Edited By Michael Walsh on 25/11/2017 23:54:31

Jon Heptonstall 126/11/2017 00:16:29
1431 forum posts
20 photos

Hi Michael.

From around September 44 king tigers left the factory with a fairly standardised scheme of dunkelgelb and green sprayed in patches over the red oxide primer with alo t of the red oxide uncovered.

Tiger II 332 is shown in its original finish at the APG.

Jon

Michael Walsh27/11/2017 11:05:02
196 forum posts
420 photos

Thanks Jon,

Dunkelgelb it is.

Michael

Steve Jones 1202/12/2017 12:58:40
3580 forum posts
8783 photos

Michael

Terrific work on the Tiger. I hope the paint job comes out the way you want it. Good luck

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ December
Hobbylink November 2
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest