By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

MENG 1/35 KING TIGER WITH INTERIOR WIP

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Manu Della Valle17/06/2017 00:27:23
1337 forum posts
708 photos

Hi Steve,

thank you  for your much appreciated comments!See,to be true, unlike the rest of the guys who keep posting their great WIPs I'm sorta disheartened by the sheer number of views compared to the number of comments,we're here to share our hobby and certainly not to show off but I think that a comment or sacrifice is what fuel the mojo but all boils down to the fact that there are many modellers,especially younger ones,that just lurk and move on,and that's sad because they do that with threads(NOT mine,of course!) that undoubtedly make their jaws drop...and mine too!Anyway,I'll post something again as soon as I'll have progressed more rather than posting boring descriptions as to make a weld bead!In the meantime let's see how they'd have worked on a real KT;

Cheers,

Manu

https://youtu.be/aicGEGrby0I

Edited By Manu Della Valle on 17/06/2017 00:28:09

Edited By Manu Della Valle on 17/06/2017 00:29:52

Jon Heptonstall 117/06/2017 01:18:16
1282 forum posts
18 photos

You're right Manu-not enough comments but there's a limit to the amount of times you can say "fantastic work"

After your first postings, and a heads up from Carl, me and 2 or 3 others have got the Meng Tiger II as well. Strictly exterior for me but got to agree-it's a very good model. Lovely rolled steel effect and fit of parts and beats Dragon easily. The camber to the road wheels is irritating but I'm hoping that the fitted tracks will correct that.

Your internal work is great stuff and well beyond me so I'll just sit back and enjoy.

All the best.

Jon

Steve Jones 1218/06/2017 07:58:10
2700 forum posts
5938 photos

Manu

If it helps the view figures can be quite disproportionate.

Every time you, me and everyone else either goes forward a page, back a page or goes to the front of the blog by mistake and then flicks through to where you want to be, every page turn is registered as a view. Also your pictures are on the WWW so if some one googles Meng Tiger II and sees a picture of yours, clicks on it to get to the source this too is counted as a visit. So many people will be seeing your blog for many reasons other than actually wanting to read about what you are building.

This is also reflected in the length ot time your posting has been active. For example a blog you have finished say with 2000 views will in five years time have 5000 views despite the fact you have moved on and its just "out there" on the WWW.

However you are very true in what you that there are those out there that take from the well but do not add to it. As my eldest currently tells me - "It is what it is"face 20

Happy modelling

Steve

Peter Lynch 219/06/2017 23:32:26
39 forum posts

Manu,

I have to say that 8 times out of ten when I visit the MilMod site (my favourite site), I see a tip that I would never have thought of (even if Angelina Jolie were tickling me with a feather duster to force me to think of ideas - and that blissful scenario rarely happens to me these days).

Using styrene cups and plates: that's a good idea. Your previous posting doesn't disappoint, either: that trick of stretching the microtube to make weld beading seems a unique contribution to modelling. That and other ideas from our Megamind modellers deserve mini Nobel Prizes for Ingenuity. (Every so often I mentally award these Prizes - inside my head, secretly - to the most deserving modelling suggestions and techniques. Sadly, these Prizes do not include a valuable cash award and they cannot be exchanged for Airmiles ...)

Peter

Simon Hammerton20/06/2017 11:11:17
6325 forum posts
382 photos
2 articles
Hi Peter

Just tidied up the thread, but as a general rule if you're going to try and clear things up just write "Double Post in your edit.

Makes life a little easier.

Simon
jimbo20/06/2017 13:04:11
13021 forum posts
2425 photos

Hi Manu

Just trying to catch up - a lot to take in. Incredible work. Great skill and attention to detail.

Using tube to make the weld seams sounds like something to try. I have always used either a thin roll of putty or stretched sprue with mixed results.

Using a real cartridge to support a model gun - I like that!! wink 2

Jim

Like you I see the forum as a place to be "active". A place to encourage, support, ask and answer questions and to have a bit of a friendly chat with other modellers. Having said that it is hard to find the time to post on every deserving thread. Happily here is a hard core bunch of us who do try to be "active". The ones I have little time for are the few members who post their own work, presumably to get feedback, and yet very rarely, if ever, post on other threads.

Edited By jimbo on 20/06/2017 13:05:12

Manu Della Valle26/06/2017 22:56:01
1337 forum posts
708 photos
Posted by Jon Heptonstall 1 on 17/06/2017 01:18:16:

You're right Manu-not enough comments but there's a limit to the amount of times you can say "fantastic work"

After your first postings, and a heads up from Carl, me and 2 or 3 others have got the Meng Tiger II as well. Strictly exterior for me but got to agree-it's a very good model. Lovely rolled steel effect and fit of parts and beats Dragon easily. The camber to the road wheels is irritating but I'm hoping that the fitted tracks will correct that.

Your internal work is great stuff and well beyond me so I'll just sit back and enjoy.

All the best.

Jon

Hi Jon,
I'm not certainly posting to have a "feedback" mate!
If you take a little time to read the first posts you'll find a way to circumvent the "camber" issue!
Cheers
Manu

Manu Della Valle26/06/2017 23:00:14
1337 forum posts
708 photos
Posted by Steve Jones 12 on 18/06/2017 07:58:10:

Manu

If it helps the view figures can be quite disproportionate.

Every time you, me and everyone else either goes forward a page, back a page or goes to the front of the blog by mistake and then flicks through to where you want to be, every page turn is registered as a view. Also your pictures are on the WWW so if some one googles Meng Tiger II and sees a picture of yours, clicks on it to get to the source this too is counted as a visit. So many people will be seeing your blog for many reasons other than actually wanting to read about what you are building.

This is also reflected in the length ot time your posting has been active. For example a blog you have finished say with 2000 views will in five years time have 5000 views despite the fact you have moved on and its just "out there" on the WWW.

However you are very true in what you that there are those out there that take from the well but do not add to it. As my eldest currently tells me - "It is what it is"face 20

Happy modelling

Steve

Hi Steve,
I wasn't only talking about MY WIP but about other fellow members' too!As far as I'm concerned I always try to post a comment but I thinkk that this is a not written "rule" only valid amongst us because I'm 200% convinced that there are younger modellers out there who cannot be @arsed to post a smiley!
Your eldest's right!
Cheers
Manu

Manu Della Valle26/06/2017 23:19:10
1337 forum posts
708 photos
Posted by Peter Lynch 2 on 19/06/2017 23:32:26:

Manu,
Using styrene cups and plates: that's a good idea. Your previous posting doesn't disappoint, either: that trick of stretching the microtube to make weld beading seems a unique contribution to modelling. That and other ideas from our Megamind modellers deserve mini Nobel Prizes for Ingenuity. (Every so often I mentally award these Prizes - inside my head, secretly - to the most deserving modelling suggestions and techniques. Sadly, these Prizes do not include a valuable cash award and they cannot be exchanged for Airmiles ...)

Peter

Hi Peter,
the CHEAPER the styrene the better!I discovered the "stretched tube" trick by mere chance;if you stretch a tube you'll get a tube with ultra-thin walls and I found out how easily it melts when I tried to secure a lenght of stretched tube to piece of wire..it just melted away!I started practicing with various diameters and solvents (mainly Tamiya Ultra Thin!) until I got the results I liked!
Stretched sprue or micro rod will require large amount of glue to soften and the kit's plastic will soften as well!It's not a problem with a resin or white metal part,though!
Too bad we live so far apart for I'd have been glad to make a bet....in a few weeks from now you'll find this "trick" in several threads by as many "Gyro Gearlooses"laugh
I'm glad to share these little tricks because that's what these fora are for (pun DEFINITELY not intended) and because I've learned lot from REAL modellers here!
Cheers
Manu

Manu Della Valle26/06/2017 23:23:31
1337 forum posts
708 photos

A little progress on the main gunSorry for the terrible pictures but the iPhone 7 sux!I hope I'll get the batteries for my camera real soon and take better snaps for I've realized thatb these are appaling!
Cheers
Manu

kwk88 (5).jpgkwk88 (4).jpgkwk88 (3).jpg
kwk88 (1).jpg
kwk88 (2).jpg

Edited By Manu Della Valle on 26/06/2017 23:25:05

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ June 2017
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Battlegate
Parabellum
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest