By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

A extra build to keep me sane, Tamiya PZ IV with PE zimmerit

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Robert Court18/05/2017 18:34:22
4322 forum posts
718 photos

Afternoon everyone smile dsmile

Julie and myself both support a very busy local cat charity catand they have a very good shop, the ladies who run it know to contact me if a kit comes in. Often its part built and has all sorts of bits missing. However had a email about a Tamiya kit called Aush J which seemed complete as the plastic thingies where in sealed bags so that got my interest. Turned out to be the PZ IV J with Eduard PE zimmerit, the box is well battered, seems to have been stored for ages as the box is well crushed. Only thing missing is the instruction book for the PE. Every thing else is there thumbs up

So a donation of £15 bought it, they wanted £5! So I thought an ideal build to counter the part count of the dragon Stug lol wink 2

Quick start

tamiya pz iv 005.jpg

Added the PE Zimmerit panels to side and front of the hull

tamiya pz iv 006.jpg

tamiya pz iv 007.jpg

Thank god for those excellent instruction and a lot less sprues lol smile p

bob

Chris Camfield18/05/2017 18:50:05
924 forum posts
151 photos

Looks like you're off to a good start, Bob!

Wayne Harris 118/05/2017 18:58:44
295 forum posts
333 photos

Hi Bob

Zimmerit looks pretty good, a little more textured than the one I recently used. I'm not sure how your finding it going on, but I would definitely suggest sanding the back. You probably are, but I made the mistake and bits ended up falling off

Look forward to seeing more progress

Wayne

Robert Court18/05/2017 20:28:45
4322 forum posts
718 photos
Hi Chris, yes quick start and being a Tamiya stright forward.

Hi Wayne. Good point did remember to rough up the back!! Due to crushing on the box the PE was damaged but repairable. Thanks for the feedback

Bob
Manu Della Valle19/05/2017 18:59:55
1281 forum posts
662 photos

If you're attaching the Eduard PE zimmerit to the curved turret shurzen do all you can to prevent it from springing back and from going "boing"!
a "detox" build is always RECOMMENDED!
Cheers
Manu

Robert Court19/05/2017 20:29:48
4322 forum posts
718 photos
Hi Manu

Good point! Lol

Will do my best

Bob
Hooch20/05/2017 05:06:18
187 forum posts

I got the Panther of this series and already I can see that that figure is far more inspiring than the one in the Panther!

Watch out for any pips that might be needing to be sanded off on where the zimmerit goes, I got lost between the two instruction sheets and made a bit of a blue of it.

Good luck, may all of your bits be in order!

Si Benson20/05/2017 09:33:51
3374 forum posts
846 photos

Morning Bob,

Looks like a quick, easy build (famous last words smile o) I've purchased numerous 'simple' kits for quick mojo fix over the years....some I actually buildwink 2

Keep it rolling mate...

Si

Robert Court20/05/2017 16:06:56
4322 forum posts
718 photos
Thanks Hooch. Hard earned advice☺

Hi Si. Could not say no at a bargain price. Its to calm me down after all those Stug sprued, hundreds of parts and of course those dreaded plans😢

Mojo back and enjoying the fun of the build

Thanks both

Bob

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
HLJ Mar 2017
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Battlegate
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest