By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

1:32 Trench Sections - Part 2

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john hutton19/06/2017 20:48:14
4082 forum posts
1636 photos

Andrew,

Thought provoking pictures of your recent trip sad rose, but i do think your stunning trenches for Tommy`s War do keep all that wasted life in the mindset of the modern generation, rightly so as they should never be forgotten .

John.

Andrew Belsey 219/06/2017 21:10:43
1797 forum posts
1075 photos

Andy, Jim and John.

Thanks for making the time to comment. I am trying to educate rather than promote war. As a Christian, I struggle as to why I am interested in death, misery and mutilation - war. I had a few years when I didn't do any military modelling and tried trains. I gave up when the interest didn't go away!

I have been working on the Poilu's face, but having seen Mike Butler's work up close, my ability just frustrates me, especially since my eyes have aged. I'll post a photo when I put him in the base but not close ups!

Andrew Belsey 220/06/2017 20:45:11
1797 forum posts
1075 photos

I put my Poilu in his trench today. A bit rough, but I've had enough of him. Hopefully my next one will be building on what I've learnt again doing this one.

img_1871.jpg

img_1875.jpg

John Race20/06/2017 20:50:34
5904 forum posts
1273 photos

Nowt wrong with that surprise Andy.

John.

Peter Day 120/06/2017 22:18:50
5545 forum posts
1307 photos

I agree with John Andy. I think you're being too hard on yourself - that's a fine paint job.

And another fine article in Mil Mod - a really informative and well written article.

Peter.

Mike Butler22/06/2017 10:38:31
50 forum posts
14 photos
Posted by Andrew Belsey 2 on 19/06/2017 21:10:43:

Andy, Jim and John.

Thanks for making the time to comment. I am trying to educate rather than promote war. As a Christian, I struggle as to why I am interested in death, misery and mutilation - war. I had a few years when I didn't do any military modelling and tried trains. I gave up when the interest didn't go away!

I have been working on the Poilu's face, but having seen Mike Butler's work up close, my ability just frustrates me, especially since my eyes have aged. I'll post a photo when I put him in the base but not close ups!

Hi Andy, finally come up for breath & caught up on your latest thread & work.

The Frenchman is so poignant, shades of classic "All Quiet... " moment. I recall the visceral effect this had on me as a child. Well done on this homage.

I've another bust commission to complete before I begin in your wee fellow. Still targeting this to be done before I heard to UK.

Really admire your latest creations for Darren & with the trench raiders, even more exciting. I will do these as well as use some of your other bases. Wonderful products & all very inspiring.

Keep your energy up mate, you have created detailed history all of us can learn from. Keep 'me coming!

-Mike

Andrew Belsey 222/06/2017 13:34:50
1797 forum posts
1075 photos

Peter and John. Thanks for your company and encouragement.

Mike. It still surprises me that someone of our talents likes my work - I guess I just don't appreciate what I do well. I look forward to meeting you later in the year and am excited to see what you do with my Kiwi shaving guy.

Peter mentioned that there is another article in this month's magazine. This one concentrates mainly on creating groundwork, but features my German trench, reversed trench and improved shellhole. The images below are from my trip into Andy Robertshaw's trench, but a lot of this article speaks about German construction.

749123.jpg

Andrew Belsey 228/06/2017 18:23:37
1797 forum posts
1075 photos

I made a hurricane lamp over the last couple of days. I have a box of small stryrene discs that I've collected over many years. I used to punch them out with the back end of a drill. The lamp was made by just glueing these discs together. I have a short bit of acrylic rod for the glass and added two widths of fuse wire for the frame and handle. I've spotted some of the discs are out of line with the enlarged photo. Irritating!

img_1885.jpg

img_1886.jpg

Here it is for scale against one of Tommy's War's new Germans, Just for scale. This lamp is for my dugout, so will hang on the wall in there with an LED behind it.

img_1887.jpg

John Race28/06/2017 18:38:15
5904 forum posts
1273 photos

Andy.

Truly a work of art, great when you keep bits that "might come in handy one day " and they do.smiley

John.

Steven Willadsen28/06/2017 19:30:08
72 forum posts
186 photos

scratchbuilding at its finest - great job mate

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Oct
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest