By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Jagdpanzer SU-85 (r) MiniArt 35229

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mateusz Szefer19/05/2017 16:21:06
17 forum posts

Hello,wink
Never too much of a good thing so I started next project - Captured SU-85 from Mini Art .

The box contain a lot of sprues, so the assembly process will bring a lot of fun.

I will try to paint it the same like this paint shemes shown: Russian green on the hull behind the wheels and german dunkelgelb and olivegrun on the rest of the vehicle:

As always I made in-box review video. If someone is interested please follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVWi0Nff9ZQ

Some progress photos soon

Edited By Mateusz Szefer on 19/05/2017 16:22:51

Mateusz Szefer28/05/2017 21:36:21
17 forum posts

Some small progress. I assembled all wheels, each comes from four parts so the process was a little bit time consumpting but the details on finished wheel are worth this time.

Dave Ward29/05/2017 09:27:34
2298 forum posts
2066 photos

Mateusz,

I've had the MiniArt Su-85 or -100 on my wish list for a while ( but NOT with full interior! ), so I'll follow this with interest

Dave

Si Benson29/05/2017 09:51:56
3417 forum posts
858 photos

Morning Mateusz,

Another interested member here. I particularly like the paint scheme shown on the box artthumbs up.

I hear some of the miniart kits suffer from substandard plastic making it difficult to assemble without snapping...how does the plastic seem to you?

Si

Mateusz Szefer15/06/2017 06:29:32
17 forum posts

Hello.

Thank you all for the interest. Si Benson- partially you are right, in older MiniArt kits the plastic was fragile and easy to broke. In recent kits ( I built the SU-122 and T-54-1) I didn't noticed any problems with it.

Summer is not conducive to modeling but slowly im wrking with this project smiley

I want to put the crew in the vehicle and leave all hatches opened, so I prepare the interior for painting.

I like how the MiniArt makes his kits: even those parts which will be invisible after final assembly are very well done.

I also did the most tedious part of the work- cleaned and prepared to assembly all track links.

Edited By Mateusz Szefer on 15/06/2017 06:33:08

Steve Jones 1215/06/2017 17:19:22
2853 forum posts
6804 photos

Mateutz

I have arrived in time! She certainly looks a beast of a machine. You must have a lot of parts to get through if its interior as well. I wish you all the luck

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
HLJ July
Expo Tools July 14
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest