By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Bat outta Hell....

Bat=Bomb,Hell=Mortar Tube........ Simples....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Wingnut19/06/2017 16:36:51
1536 forum posts
5 photos
Mr Smith

Sorry for being late, is their room for a small ancient modeller near the front.
My excuse for being late is a holiday in Zante and celebrating a significant birthday while on hols.
Extremely rude sounding cocktails were demolished on numerous occasions.
I've not seen this kit before do look forward to your build.

Mike
SimonT19/06/2017 19:45:07
11469 forum posts
9349 photos

question

Have you been at the cider again Mr Smiff?

It gets you to this (well it does on my computer anyway - don't know about Devonian ones)

bikewithmortar.jpeg
looks like a bike with a mortar on the back to me......

SimonT

Alun Wells19/06/2017 20:02:18
1253 forum posts
966 photos

Hi Andy,

Count me in, a little bit late will keep a watch from the back. Unusual kit this one.

Like Simon T's photo, handy for getting through traffic jams, and clearing overcrowded campsites!

Cheers

Alun

Andy Smith 120/06/2017 16:53:11
7064 forum posts
2219 photos

Well Guys,

Tried this last night,got almost to the very end....... turned around..... looked back again and WOOSH ... GONEcrying,

So i`ll try again!!

Mike!! Great to see you back around again buddy,hope you`re fully refreshed and raring to go after that wonderful sounding tripthumbs up!

Simon,cracking pic there ........ no,not too many Ciders,(YETface 20!!),this is what i get mate......

1000x300_et_459-haluksy-v2-tkr_091ec88a.jpg

...... not QUITE as useful as what you see eh?!!nerd

Alun,`tis unusual isn`t it...... I didn`t know these existed until very recently! Glad to have you alongthumbs up.

So then,the first foray into the build has been most enjoyableteeth 2,this has been due to the fact that the instructions are very clear,(only a couple of bits needed extra info to get the precise "Lie",so far),with the sub assemblies drawn separately for you,and THEN their locations arrow`d in.....

img_2010.jpg

Nice idea that IMHO...... also the location pins,holes and slots are first class making even the smallest of parts easier to position.Next to NO flash or injection marks...... sounds TOO good eh?!angel

There are a LOT of very tiny and thin parts,which do need mega care to part from the sprues,(John Hutton,i can feel your pain!!smile o),however,using the normal methods,and good quality tools,my break count is currently zerothumbs up. The motor is taken care of in the first 3 steps........

img_2038.jpg

img_2033.jpg

img_2032.jpg

you can see from the cutting mat how small it is,making decent pics hard to take.There are 15 parts to get that together,and the majority will only be visible here and there!!disgust.Not to worry,it`s all good fun. The paints listed are all Model Master,but i`m using a mix of VJ and Revel Aqua.......anyone interested in colour matches then just ask..... OH,and after MUCH DELIBERATION,RESEARCH and INFO GATHERING,i have finally come to a decision on the final overall bike colour....... it will be.........

RUSSIAN GREEN face 20face 20face 20!!

Thanks for looking in,any thoughts or plain old abuse welcomedwink 2,

Cheers,

Andy

Durk20/06/2017 17:27:39
1440 forum posts
684 photos

Hi Andy, great start on this onethumbs up, nice metal look on that engine.

DIRK

MIKE DURNFORD 120/06/2017 18:12:25
203 forum posts
141 photos

Andy...Blimey nearly missed the bus.............great subject......excellent start mike

SimonT20/06/2017 19:24:11
11469 forum posts
9349 photos

That's weird Andy - I definitely don't get that

Anyway, engine looks quite well detailed thumbs up

SimonT

John Race20/06/2017 21:20:58
6296 forum posts
1336 photos

Andy and .dog.

Really, that's a novel colour choice, how long did it take you to work that out.? The engine looks suitably painted and weathered, can you see it ok face 1

Right sitting waiting in the shade waiting for something to happen .

Steve Jones 1221/06/2017 16:44:58
3579 forum posts
8783 photos

Smithy

Great work my friend. You have done well not to loose or break any of those tiny pieces. Hope the eyes are okay,

Steve

Allen Dewire21/06/2017 21:55:52
1352 forum posts
966 photos

Evening Andy,

Another killer project you've got here Sir. You are off to a great start too. The motor is fine as wine and well detailed. Up to your usual standards for detail realism. I do have a question though....Which Mugavaim Varbanukkidevas shoots the rounds at the target?????

Personally, I like Simon's Mugavaim Varbanukkidevas picture better. Somehow it makes more sense and could be more effective on the battlefield....Drive on my friend, it'll all come out in the wash later!!!

Prost

Allen

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Hobbylink November 2
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ December
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest