Tommy`s War 1/10th Corporal bust.

East African Mounted Rifles.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john hutton18/06/2017 16:19:09
4041 forum posts
1611 photos

Richard,

Cheers sir wink 2, no the hat is still dry fitted at the moment .

John.

Peter Day 118/06/2017 16:42:15
4902 forum posts
1482 photos

Fine work John, and I'd say you've cracked the technique. Always a joy to see your figure work.

Peter.

MIKE DURNFORD 119/06/2017 06:51:20
116 forum posts
63 photos

Jim......Very nice subject.......you,ve done a great job....agree with the guys the eyes are really well done my friend mike

John Race19/06/2017 07:08:51
5062 forum posts
1114 photos

John .

He's is looking good ,oh to paint like that .thumbs up

John

Andrew Belsey 219/06/2017 09:13:54
1612 forum posts
1000 photos

John,

He's looking great!

You're encouraging me to have another bash at figure painting, which I struggle with.

Andy B

john hutton19/06/2017 20:32:18
4041 forum posts
1611 photos

Peter,

Thanks sir for the confidence thumbs up, will definitely be practicing this , still a long way to go to get anywhere near MJK sad.

Mike.

Cheer`s for the kind words buddy wink 2. Not had the chance yet to post on the Richard and Mike thread , but thought it might be useful to post the colours i used for the Flesh for future ref if it will be of any value ?

John,

Very nice of you mate wink 2. I have spent the last few years trying to improve my figure work but it is a slow and unfortunately expensive process. I would not like to add up how much is in the figure cabinet crying 2.

Andrew,

You are too kind my friend blush. Personally i think you are being hard on yourself, your figures have always impressed me thumbs up, although putting figures into your stunning trench sections is indeed setting the bar very high.

John.

Allen Dewire19/06/2017 21:23:44
1111 forum posts
688 photos

Good Evening Mr. Hutton,

I've just done a read through and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! The other gents have said it, but I have to say you definitely have a way of painting eyes. Can you say Storm trooper??? Those were incredible and these are too!!!!!

I normally can't comment on such works as I'm a NoGo in this area. Peter D., you and a few others mesmerize me with your work in different scales. This is really nice and I can't wait to see how you finish him.

Prost

Allen

Richard Pearce 119/06/2017 21:41:52
894 forum posts
1 photos
Hiya John.
Bin slacking lately has me.Think you have done a cracking job so far buddy.Nowt wrong with your painting in my eyes.
Richard
Steve Jones 1221/06/2017 16:39:02
2700 forum posts
5938 photos

John

Absolutely stunning! Wonderful paint work. Its a joy to see. Will be keeping a keen eye on your next update. Well done mate

Steve

john hutton24/06/2017 19:52:42
4041 forum posts
1611 photos

Allen,

I had answered these posts in the week , but obviously after writing them forgot a small detail !!!!!!! uploading them blush. Eye`s as we all know are the first place we look at when interacting with others . When painting them though i find that it is really important to have a good sculpt to get them anywhere near right , these were apart from a small bit of filler pretty good making my job a lot easier thumbs up.

Richard,

Cheers for the kind words mate wink 2. There is a lot of room for improvement as this was an experiment , to see if i could follow MJ , pretty pleased with the results so far , still a lot of practicing in the future though angel.

Steve,

Many thank`s for your support buddy wink, great to get any feedback to try and up the game thumbs up.

Not worked on him much this week just addressed the Temple colour as Tim recommended and started working on the hat,

ostwind 24 003.jpg

John.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ June 2017
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Battlegate
Parabellum
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest