By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Panda 1/35 Cougar JERRV 6 X 6

Joint EOD Rapid Response Vehicle

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Dave Ward27/06/2017 13:35:41
2428 forum posts
2291 photos

Lower hull - still a few bits to add, some will have to wait until I've primed and basecoated ( lights etc ).

hull 03.jpg

Wheels.................... The tyres are a very tight fit on the hubs. I've trimmed the inside of the tyre a bit, but there's no way I can fit them after the hubs are fitted to the axles, a sure recipe for breaking something, so a bit of careful painting/masking will be needed.

The interior. You have to be careful, as there are two floor pans - the other one I assume for the standard personnel version

interior spec.jpg

A thing of beauty it ain't!

Dave

Simon L 227/06/2017 19:56:59
245 forum posts
29 photos

Oops! Yes Dave you're correct! Sorry!

Dave Ward28/06/2017 13:08:09
2428 forum posts
2291 photos

Wheels sprayed, using my normal method................

tyres shish kebab.jpg

The hubs were pressed onto the tyres, with difficulty, even though I'd trimmed the tyres. To do this with the hubs attached to the axles would result in damage, bad language,violence and bloodshed!

wheels chassis.jpg

Anyway onward ..............to the interior

Dave

Simon Hammerton29/06/2017 11:06:46
6424 forum posts
394 photos
2 articles

Excellent start Dave.

I have this, so I'm looking forward to seeing you build it.

Simon

Dave Ward29/06/2017 11:19:36
2428 forum posts
2291 photos

Run into a slight problem, there are NO colour call outs for the interior. I'm assuming that the colours would be the same as the standard Cougar, and looking at the Meng instructions, that says that the interior floor is Sand Yellow ( same as external ), and the walls/roof are Deck Tan. Looking at photographs, I'm not at all sure that's right - it seems more like off white or ivory all over.

Anyone any information, or can point me to any pictures? Very remiss of Panda not to have any colour information, other than the exterior.

Dave

Dave Ward29/06/2017 13:40:52
2428 forum posts
2291 photos

It's not improving..........

Instrument panel/dashboard. Nicely moulded, with decals.

instruments.jpg

Guess what? No mention in the instructions! All nicely numbered, but pot luck. OK I have 9 dials, and 9 round decals, but the rest?

disillusioned Dave

Dave Ward17/07/2017 15:21:19
2428 forum posts
2291 photos

After my Biplane GB excursion, back to this beauty.

A lot of parts for something that a) won't be seen b) is overcomplicated - a scissors lift table - 13 parts!

lift table.jpg

PE gauze/grill for the rear steps..

rear steps.jpg

Instrument panel - bit boring really, and I bet you won't be able to see much of it..

panelfin.jpg

Anyway, after battling tiny bits for 1/72 bipes, I'm back battling tiny bits for 1/35 things...........

Dave

Edited By Dave Ward on 17/07/2017 15:21:57

Dave Ward18/07/2017 16:35:51
2428 forum posts
2291 photos

Seats primed - 6 parts each!

seats primed.jpg

Yes, the one on the right is different - as per instructions

The Chassis is primed......

interior primed 01.jpg

interior primed 02.jpg

The hot weather really affects the airbrush, I had to dilute the primer more than normal, as it kept on blocking the nozzle. It's 27C at the moment not the best conditions to spray! ( at least for me! )

Dave

Dave Ward19/07/2017 12:08:02
2428 forum posts
2291 photos

The interior is just about finished - I don't think much will be seen, through the windows, and even less, if I close the rear doors!

interior 01.jpg

interior 02.jpg

The upper bodywork has two large panels, with bosses ( armour? ) added. The crucial question is that this has to fit OVER the chassis. I have seen reviews that indicate that this is a problem - dry fitting will be the order of the day.

bodywork 01.jpg

All the glasswork fits from the outside, so I can go ahead, and fit the bodywork, and most of the exterior bits before painting.........

Dave

Dave Ward19/07/2017 15:41:29
2428 forum posts
2291 photos

Now here is an odd thing................................

The transparencies for the windows are 'double glazed'

window 01.jpg

window 02.jpg

window 03a.jpg

window 03b.jpg

Each main window has a recess for the second pane.

HOWEVER, the instructions do not show the secondary glass being used...........Mistake?, or are the windows not double glazed? I'm going with mistake, as the instructions are riddled with errors, particularly parts differing in appearance from the drawings. There are one or two spare windows, so I'm going to have to experiment to see the best way to paint, and assemble the glazing

Dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest