By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Cave up date.JR

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
jimbo13/08/2017 16:13:52
13559 forum posts
2575 photos

Hi John

Grand opening soon. Which member of the royal family have you got for the unveiling ceremony face 20

Enjoy the fruits of all your hard work.

Jim

Edited By jimbo on 13/08/2017 16:14:22

Fernando Nijhuis13/08/2017 17:25:55
545 forum posts
325 photos

Great to hear you’re finished John.thumbs upbeer

Have fun in your new man-cave and show us a lot of pictures pleaseteeth 2

Fernando

Scottie13/08/2017 17:31:49
5522 forum posts
784 photos
1 articles

Hi John,

​At last lets hope it was worth the wait, all you have to do now is christen it with your first of many builds. I will have to come round for a look see.

Scottie

Steve Jones 1213/08/2017 20:00:00
3345 forum posts
8518 photos

Captain Caveman's new model room is nearing completion. Only a few boxes left to unpack and all will be ready for his first build of the year

111_sc_204899_xl.42zz8sii0jy8g84gk8ocog00c.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpeg

face 20

Steve

Edited By Steve Jones 12 on 13/08/2017 20:00:29

Gregory Mortara14/08/2017 21:06:04
248 forum posts
171 photos

Looking forward to see more models.. 😁😁😁😁

Keith Hiscock15/08/2017 00:44:08
280 forum posts
515 photos

That's all very well Steve, but won't the overspray from the AB get on the ceiling.

Keith

John Race15/08/2017 21:12:04
5899 forum posts
1273 photos

Before I start just a few thank yous.

Mike. .... Cheers mate , hope to see yours moving on now.teeth 2

Allen ....Buddy open that fridge , get the beers out.

Jim...... Rang the Queen , out on a walk., the rest were to busy,, so did it myself. sad

Fernando...... A few pick for you coming up.

Scottie........Plane on the bench ready to start., and your always welcome . thumbs up

Steve.......Your not wrong there, now I have to get rid of more crap !!!!!

Keith...... Vented straight out through the wall, ceiling safe, still waiting for Himself to arrive and get it painted.

Now to cheers and cries of about bloody time ( most abuse from the Devon Crew)

Well after 4 months of ripping up floors, insulating ceiling, walls plaster- boarding, new windows made and fitted. Followed by new cladding, a rewire and several coats of paint I have finished bar some lipping to the paint table. Of course outside is a different matter, Will take some time to put all the tools away. tressels back to the shop and a pressure washing under the carport.

From this img_1037.jpg

to thisimg_1079.jpg

Taken from the door in.

img_1069.jpg

Paint booth .

img_1070.jpg

Still room for some of my other collections that I didn't sell.

img_1071.jpg

Some magnetic tool racks, at least I can see them now.

img_1072.jpg

The bench, and what do you spy, yes a model !!!!!!!!

img_1073.jpg

With out this I just couldn't work.

img_1075.jpg

lastly the spares and dio material area.

For me well worth the wait, i've spent 40 years making things for customers, and now this time I wanted it for ME. Thanks for the support along the way, its been a boost having like minded mates offering support.

Now the big question, will it make me a better modeler, the answer to that is no . ........ but I might spend more time doing than looking for things. I've been told Management to keep it tidy. me.......untidy , how dare they.

Comments, and the abuse from a certain quarter is welcome. The beers are on me, head over to Allen's his fridge is full .beerbeerbeer

John.

Allen Dewire15/08/2017 21:39:35
1278 forum posts
791 photos

Mr. Race,

Yes Sir, the beers are on me for sure!!! An absolutely FANTUBIUOS cave you have created. I know it took a bit longer than you had anticipated and the doubters were always present, but you have come through shining with your work and know-how.

I tip my hat in the utmost of respect Buddy and wish you many wonderful builds and projects in your new and killer work space. What else can a man say???......Get crackin' Tovarich!!!!!!!!

Prost and in Awe

Allen

PS, If the doubters from that certain quarter start up, the STN is armed and ready!

Scottie15/08/2017 21:44:06
5522 forum posts
784 photos
1 articles

John,

​Looks superb mate well worth the effort.

Scottie

jimbo15/08/2017 21:57:19
13559 forum posts
2575 photos

Hi John

You should be very proud of what you have achieved. It is a wonderful space to enjoy your well deserved leisure time. Management is right - keep it tidy.

It may not make you a better modeller but it will certainly ensure that modelling will be a pleasure.

Jim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest