By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Cave up date.JR

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Marty Elliott16/08/2017 10:06:38
189 forum posts
425 photos

Mornin' John......looks a great place now to work in---as someone who works from a little 100year old writing desk in the corner of the room I can say that I am impressed and jealous in equal measure!!! hope u get many long and happy hours of use from it

cheers the weathering on the spray booth-very realistic..wink 2

Andrew Belsey 216/08/2017 13:17:36
1981 forum posts
1130 photos

Your cave looks wonderful - I'm envious!

I've not been given permission from CinC for my own space at home yet, despite having 3 spare bedrooms. Nearly all my work is done at work (in lunchtimes!) I do have a cabinet in the lounge at home though. Thankfully before my children left home they supported me to have that and it sits next to a settee, so wifey can sit there with it behind her and not having to look at it. When I retire, I'll push for my own space!

You've made a fabulous job of your cave!

Andy B

Chris Camfield16/08/2017 15:01:28
1044 forum posts
168 photos

Hi John,

I was being silly, of course. Your setup looks absolutely marvelous and I wish you joy with it

Edited By Chris Camfield on 16/08/2017 15:01:36

Si Benson16/08/2017 16:17:21
3896 forum posts
974 photos

Afternoon John,

What a fantastic space you have created, how envious am I......VERY! Well while you sit in your purpose made den, spare a thought for poor old mr Benson, and his dining table work areacrying.

With your new extravagant, luxurious den ...we expect to see a minimum of one build a month now you knowwink 2

All joking aside, it looks great...enjoy ittea Could you tell me where you got the magnetic tool holding strips that you have on your wall please....would come in handy for organising the shed tools.

Fernando Nijhuis16/08/2017 17:03:50
787 forum posts
649 photos

Hi John,

Superb looking man-cave, everything organized and squared away.thumbs upsmile p

Hope you have a lots of modelling fun in your new space.smiley

Andy Smith 116/08/2017 17:39:55
7075 forum posts
2221 photos

A`noon Mr.Race!

Well,i`ve just had a very enjoyable 15 minutes or so,(and believe me,FIFTEEN minutes down in these parts,is FAR longer than in the rest of the planetface 20!!),zooming in and out of each picturenerd.

What can i say John?........ face 22......."What`s with the Robin kit,you`ve tried to hide under the table?smile o". Yeah,a good price,fair enough..... but that just won`t do for a wingy thing build mate,cute as it may be!!

On the other side of things...... That`s one SUPERB workshop you`ve created there,certainly one to be proud ofsmile d,and the amount of equipment you have only suggests one thing........

Knowing you,and your lovely wife Christine as i do,i can only say...... You BOTH deserve your respective areas for your hobbies,it`s a real pleasure to see things work out for QUALITY peopleface 23,

Right then.......Get on with that kit man face 20,

Andy,Rachel,and of course.........MORTdog

Steve Jones 1217/08/2017 07:24:11
4098 forum posts
9187 photos

Mornin mate

So another day dawns on JR's Dez Rez. The groundwork was done, the chippying was completed, stud work and noggins put up, the walls were plastered, the electrics first and second fix were finished, paintwork painted, red carpet rolled out and dignitaries invited for the grand opening! (I take it my invite was lost in the postsad).

Well it was well woth waiting for you lucky so and solaugh. You do realise we will all have to move in with you so that we can use your facilities.Top bunk for me pleaseface 20

Mr Smith has obviously been round the gaff with a fine tooth comb so need to comment on the finer details. However a small word of advice - when you have finished a bottle of Vodka or Whiskey you can take them to your local bottle bank. This wlll free up more room on your book case mateteeth 2fist

Now down to the serious work of modelling. Have you started yet? Have you completed a model yet? Do you remember how to model? Do you know how to use small tools again? Only time will tellface 20

It's been a joy to watch your cave come together and it could'nt have happened to a nicer chap. Well deserved mate. Have a great day.

joe strenko17/08/2017 19:38:31
603 forum posts
572 photos

congrats on the finalization of the cave Mr Jones has inquired...sooooooo when is the first build from the cave and what is it going to be??

PS if you have some extra time and want to do another cave,,just pop on over the pond to the midwest of the USA and I'll be sure to have the supplies ready for you to build out a spot in my house. face 20

John Race17/08/2017 21:35:57
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

Wow, what a turn out for the openingteeth 2 Allen's fridge must be empty by now.

Seriously thank you one and all for the support and kind words.

Simon....thumbs up

Jim.......My wife says shes is just like you, and has been known to put my things away in the house just after I have taken them out of a drawer.disgust

Mike.... Sounds great, want a handwink

Marty.... Hi mate, hope to do just that., as for the weathering , you should see the mat.blushblushlaugh

Andy........ Yes know the feeling, apart from the works when models were allowed in the house, they are banned , bit like me, I only come in the sleep , cook , and then back into my cave, or garden .teeth 2

Chris.... teeth 2 knew you were joking, though still think room is a problem. Paul E has loads of stuff.

Si ..... Yes I shall spare a thought for you ........ well about a minuteteeth 2, pm sent.

Fernando..... Cheers buddy.

Andy ......

Trust you to get under the bench, not a Robin model, just a fat ball case I use for mosses.disgustdog

Moving on , thank you for those kind works, Mrs Race Management aka Christine to her friends says hello and a cheque is currently winging its way to Mort ( as your Tax adviser and agent )laughand says hi to Rach.

Steve... Buddy I wondered why you didn't RSPV , top bunk reserved for you , I've put you Andy and Bobby in the corner. Cheers for your support , and again kind words indeed.blush and keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Joe........ Ticket booked, just have to get clearance. Would love that. The new build will be the for the group build the 1 -153 Chaika.

Right gents, once again thank' s for the support, and abuseface 20

Join me for my first plane build since 1963 , that's before half of you were bornface 20face 20surprise bye

Wouter17/08/2017 22:04:38
5725 forum posts
2162 photos

Hi John, that's a very cool man cave you made yourself there. Plenty of space and so clean teeth 2. I can only dream of such a room at the moment...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest