By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Cave up date.JR

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Eberle13/07/2017 22:56:17
2747 forum posts
1731 photos

John, will Mr Jones be done by Sept this year? I'll be crossing the pond then (current plan is 4 days on the Island. London to Manchester & points in between before crossing ditch & 5 days in France, Belgium, & Frankfort) and would like to see his work. The chapel looked well done. PaulE

Keith Hiscock13/07/2017 23:22:18
281 forum posts
515 photos

Looking good John bet you are looking forward to getting everything set up,

First photo smile d had to look hard to make sure you hadn't missed any.nerd

hope the electrical passes code.face 20

jimbo14/07/2017 13:10:16
14243 forum posts
2711 photos

Hi John

This has come a long way and painting means the end is in sight thumbs up You will enjoy it all the more for having done it all yourself.

John Race06/08/2017 16:40:19
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

Greetings from the other world of 1/1. but firstly a few words to my "crew "

Paul...... He's nor turned up sad, so had to a white version.laugh

Keith...... Thanks , I've been informed by the clerk of works that there are several small bits that need a touch up.I don't bother to look as I know the clerk will spot them.

Jim...... Yes that's right, looking fwd to the final move back in soon.

Right just to clear up some rumors put about by a couple of unsavory characters from the Western approaches that I was idling my time away sleeping, teethsmile dface 20 for your edification I give you .img_1059.jpg

Ply with a white dragged finish display and book case units. Still have to be fitted and have a pine liping in the fronts,The shelves are on a multi hole system, this way I can lift the rear of the shelf up , the liping on the side holds the shelve on and a front lip the model.

Across the other side is ..............................................................................

a plate rack I made for Management, now going to house my small collection of advertising tins. The rewire is done.Loads of sockets and new led lighting. Back in the workshop is the paint unit along with a materials for dios etc. They will be sanded tomorrow, painted and finished with an acrylic sealer, then assembled. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Might just get that plane doneteeth 2

Thanks for looking in, abuse most welcome, anything else is a bonus.nerd

Steve Jones 1206/08/2017 16:51:11
4098 forum posts
9187 photos

Mr Race

A bookcase! I didnt know you could read. Are there no end to your talents?laugh Should you not be concentrating on building a bench? You could always build the plane on the floor. fist As for the paint unit, once sanded dont forget to add an oil filter, do a pin wash to make the nails stand out, do some rust streaks, a layer of dust along the top, some oil and stain marks and seal with a matt varnishyes. Happy constructing

jimbo06/08/2017 17:11:26
14243 forum posts
2711 photos

Hi John

All looking very nice indeed and I'll bet you can hardly wait for the day when you are sat at your bench, in a clean, tidy organised room with a nice cup of tea, a plate of choccie biccies and a box of plastic in front of you.

Steve's post gave me a good laugh thumbs up

Allen Dewire06/08/2017 17:12:18
1406 forum posts
1048 photos

Hey John,

Looking real good buddy. One can see the hard work you've done and the time invested, to me, was very well spent. A real looker I must say and the shelving should hold enough Moggelling projects.....It does look like the supperware containers on the top shelf do look in danger of falling off. Might want to turn them sideways.......

Don't worry about Steve....He's just been sniffing too much of the TET again! Seems to happen mostly on Sundays when he runs out of beer and has to work on Monday....Poor Fella....We all know damn well you can read too!!!.......

Andy Smith 106/08/2017 17:19:17
7075 forum posts
2221 photos

Abuse Eh?!!....... INCOMING fist,

.....Where to startface 22?!!.....

OK then,THAT DISPLAY CASE ....... awe c`mon John,you`d have to live `til you`re about 150 to fill that with completed models matesmile o, although that DOES depend if you`re easily distracted from an,"Almost finished" one,to a,"What shall i start next"...... and the WIP list increases.....AGAIN embarrassedface 20!!

Next...... THE BOOK CASE .....Well,despite your undoubted knowledge,you`ve fallen for a basic modelling error,if i may say so....... NO point at all mate...... it don`t matter HOW MANY BOOKS you have...... your first thought will be...."Google it","Interweb it",or post on Milmod".....THEN,if nothing is revealed,the penny dropsidea,and,"Oh,I could see if one of my Many,MANY books has somethingnerd?!!.....It happens to us ALL Sir!!face 20face 20face 20

On the positive side,OH MY GOD,I`m SOOOO JEALOUS OF THAT WORKSPACE surprise,looks fantastic,well done that manthumbs up......... Just a shame it ain`t in Devon Eh?!!

Andy,Rach,and of course........ Mort dog

P.S. Allen,it`d be Cider,not Beer mate,and believe me,we NEVER run out of that in this part of the worldface 20thumbs up

Edited By Andy Smith 1 on 06/08/2017 17:22:41

Scottie06/08/2017 17:45:35
6232 forum posts
883 photos
1 articles

​The progress is looking good mate. As Andy said you will have to go some to fill those shelvesface 20​You must be itching to get something on the go.

Allen Dewire06/08/2017 18:01:59
1406 forum posts
1048 photos

Andy my Man, spoken like a true Gentleman!!! You have your cider and in the Fatherland, we have our beer!!! After all the TET, do you think Steve knows the difference anyway?????????

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest