By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Cave up date.JR

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve Jones 1208/08/2017 20:41:56
3005 forum posts
7510 photos

Tim - The Spitfire Ale adverts were the best thing ever done. Hugely patriotic and rightly so. They always made me laugh. A nice reminder. Many thanks

Steve

John Race08/08/2017 22:33:10
5447 forum posts
1164 photos

Before sleep calls ,, Steve no apologies need mate, it appears to be a good discussion,not that I know a lot about beers, I might enjoy the odd one from time to time.disgust

Tim .... Thank you for that kind commentteeth 2, your welcome anytime .

Fernando....Cheers , and thanks for your suggestion, your quite right I cold make a mdf plate in the shop and glue a section of vent pipe into it. I'm going to look in the attic tomorrow, I might have kept the box the extractor came in, with the missing part in it .

Paul......Hi buddy, yes if I am unsuccessful I think that is some where to look. Thanks for you beer input, that will set your fellow country man off again.teeth 2.

Cheers guys bottoms up !!

John.

Bobby Dale08/08/2017 23:12:19
1533 forum posts
1283 photos

I am not sure but i think they may have stopped spitfire my local Marstens pub stopped it on draft and replaced it with Lancaster Bomber from the same brewery ?

They also make "Johns" Hobgoblin ale which is a required taste personally i'd use it to clean drains n stains .and i have 2 bottles and 4 cans of the brew bought on fathers day by the brood .

Bobby.

Tim Marlow09/08/2017 07:43:54
1130 forum posts
978 photos

Hi Bobby

I've just looked it up, Lancaster bomber is made by Marstons, so it seems logical that they would stock it in a Marstons house. Good beer Marstons, as I remember it.

Cheers

Tim

Peter Day 109/08/2017 08:30:20
5207 forum posts
1724 photos

Shepherd Neame, makers of Spitfire Ale sponsors the Kent County Cricket Ground, just up the road from here. Used to be the St Lawrence Ground, now the Spitfire Ground - hence the frequent fly-pasts of said machine.

'No Fokker comes close' - 'Downed all over Kent - just like the Luftwaffe'. Some were very naughty indeed.

Weirdly enough, the brewery sold the only pub within 1/2 mile of the ground - soon to be a pizzeria.

Sorry John - your thread seems to have been hijacked.

Peter.

Allen Dewire09/08/2017 17:43:44
1214 forum posts
745 photos

Hi John,

No Sir, Paul is so correct about San Diego and Mexican beer. There was nothing like sitting outside on the town square in Tijuana Mexico, with a plate of nacho chips and a bowl of Jalapeño relish and drinking a cold Dos Eques beer!!!....Ahhhhh, those were the days!!!!!!!!!

A quick note to Fernando...Tucher Zirndorfer, Kitzmann, any of those ring a bell???

Please don't hate me John. The beer Fest is over (for now). Drive on with the cave my friend. Think I'll have a cold one.............I didn't say that.......Did I???

Prost

Allen

John Race13/08/2017 11:27:06
5447 forum posts
1164 photos

Morning Beer lovers , and those of us out camping,(. Namely Peter )

The end is nigh, just cleaning up now, then everything away🎆🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎆🎆🎆 and then the opening !!!!! angel 2

Carry on

John

Steve Jones 1213/08/2017 13:30:36
3005 forum posts
7510 photos

yes

Mike Mortimore13/08/2017 13:57:57
1133 forum posts
952 photos

Hi John,

Great news.........................beercakecocktailyes

Cheers Mike dogdogdogcat

Allen Dewire13/08/2017 14:04:23
1214 forum posts
745 photos

Ohhhh John,

Can't wait buddy!!!!!! This must be the biggie you were talking about, huh!!! On with the piccies please.

Prost

Allen

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Sept
HLJ July
Expo Tools July 14
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest