From 1st July to 30th September

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Fernando Nijhuis16/07/2017 19:14:57
468 forum posts
291 photos

Good evening all,

Great builds coming together here.

Dave, Marcello, Mick and Ron beautiful results very single one of them.thumbs upteeth 2

As for me Gladiator no.1 is finished apart from some weathering to complete with the dio:

20170716_155257_resized.jpg

20170716_155315_resized.jpg

20170716_155341_resized.jpg

Will make some more pictures when the planned dio is complete, on to no.2laugh

Have a good week everyone.

Fernando

Mick Charlesworth16/07/2017 19:23:50
1647 forum posts
437 photos

Fernando she's a beaut!!!

Mick

Scottie16/07/2017 20:27:12
5381 forum posts
757 photos
1 articles

Fernando,

​Lovely job my son very nicely done.

Scottie

spanner57016/07/2017 21:25:51
847 forum posts
1061 photos

That, Fernando, is a class build!

Another set of rigging gets tamed.....

Ron

Gorilla Monsoon17/07/2017 01:51:49
407 forum posts
221 photos

Shivers i have missed so much - i see Dave is 2 up already!!

I have been following with the odd bit of modelling and very little time to post. Dave, Mick, Marcello, Ron and Fernando lovely builds. all very exciting and odd subjects to a tracky person.

Work for the month is opening up so i have more time, this weekend i made some progress on my Gull. I started with a preshaded frame:

undercoat one.jpg

undercoat 2.jpg

And managed to get some yellow onto it. I decided the fade yellow i bought I was nice for the non-metal areas (for all I know this aircraft may be all metal construction anyways and decided to go with some straight yellow I already owned for the metal/solid bits. Hopefully the two yellows will look interesting with some preshade showing to break them up.

yellow 1.jpg

yellow 2.jpg

yellow 3.jpg

I had to fix a seam to on the cowl joining (post the above photos), and one I had re done the preshade and one coat of yellow by nozzle snapped off with the thread in the body of the airbrush L. New nozzle and removal tool on the way from blighty and a $25NZ iwata clone being shipped from trade me (kiwi ebay), so tools are down fro the time being. Looking forward to sealing and getting the deals on to this little beastie – this may not be my last wingy thing!!

Keep at it guys

Cheers

Darren

Andy Claesens20/07/2017 22:31:25
10884 forum posts
9748 photos
16 articles

Chaps,

Good evening all and thanks to you all for forming up in the Mess in such an orderly manner.

I haven't been idle, just away doing another course so I have been peeking in but unable to comment. Some MAGNIFICENT work going on, (I'll comment more over the weekend).

I have made a start to the Swordfish. Taking it away with me actually saved me a few quid in the bar. The pictures however, are on my phone and are not of the best quality, so I will get them downloaded and cleaned up and then hopefully post up progress tomorrow.

Chin Chin,

Andy C
Flt Lt
OC No.1 (MilMod) Sqn

beer

Dave S 422/07/2017 14:16:56
312 forum posts
60 photos

Some great work on here.

DS

Steve Jones 1223/07/2017 12:27:28
3160 forum posts
7911 photos

Fernando - A stunning build

Darren - A great update. Looks like it is all going in the right direction

Tim Marlow23/07/2017 20:42:52
1184 forum posts
1015 photos

Hi all

Time for an update....but first...

Fernando...superb result there bud, great looking Gladiator....

Daz mate, great looking progress on the Gull. Nearly on the home straight now...

OK all, here's mine so far....

Basically assembled the fuselage....not too bad a fit, but a little filler needed here and there.

_j3a9609.jpg

...and waved goodbye to all the internal detail....

_j3a9605.jpg

_j3a9607.jpg

Tail built up and ready for paint....but as you can see, the carpet monster got a strut so I replaced it with 0.6 nickle silver wire. I have also drilled everything during assembly for the rigging and control wires.....no diagram supplied with the kit so lots of peering at photos was needed. A nice touch was the supply of several spare control wire horns. They are pretty small and easily lost or damaged during drilling so this was welcome.

I think I got all the wiring points sorted out. An inexplicable oversight in the kit was the lack of holes in the tail surfaces for the upper control wire to pass through, so I cut them out myself.

_j3a9604.jpg

_j3a9606.jpg

Lastly, I have now added the struts.....the inner ones are glued to the body and the wing outer V struts are glued to the upper wing. This should allow me to disassemble it for easier painting. The blue tac is supposed to hold them in the correct orientation while the glue dries.

I still have to detail the upper fuselage and add the undercarriage, but all parts are now cleaned up. This will happen in a day or two I hope...not many bits to go now....

_j3a9610.jpg

Then the airframe will be moved to the paint shop. In other words, moved about two foot to the left and put in the spray booth

I need to find my ezyline now for the inevitable rigging stage, or else buy some Uschi Van Der Rosen stuff....

Any and all comments welcome....

Cheers

Tim

Gary MacKenzie23/07/2017 23:06:07
154 forum posts
49 photos

Late to party, moving house in next 14 days , but will start this as soon as i get my room set up

Pilot

Pilots in Dinghy

Rescue Plane ( due for release 1st August )

All 1/48 scale, never done any plane in 1/48 and not done an Airfix build for a very long time ( approx 40 years )

Will then return to finishing the AA build

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest