Here Chirri, Chirri, Chirri...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sjors Greut26/06/2017 20:10:53
738 forum posts
236 photos

Hey all!

Finaly the first of July is near!
I'm quite excited to begin on this little endeavour, as its my first biplane ever.
(and because I always find it hard to complete a wingyproject in one go... any project for that matters...).
First I though about joining this GB with a ww1 biplane, but after some browsing around the web I stumbled across the Italian CR.32.
I was facinated about how well it performed against the technically superior Russian I-15 (Im looking at you mr R wink) and the He-51 in the Spanish Civil war.

For this project Im running (flying) the 1/72, CR.32 "Chirri" kit from Italeri.
cr.32 boxart.jpg
As the GB is about getting your feet wet, this will also be my first time fitting some after market PE parts.
eduard.jpg
I went for the interior and exteriour parts from Eduard.

Feel free too check in every now and then smiley.

Sjors

John Race26/06/2017 20:40:41
6157 forum posts
1310 photos

Sjors.

Well its a long while since I stuck a wing together so mine my not even get in the air.sad better go and read up on mine and see what it managed.laugh Will follow yours along mate, nice looking additions , a bit small for me so sticking with the basic.

John.

Lee Drennen27/06/2017 02:32:41
88 forum posts
85 photos

Sjors,

that's a cool looking plane! last bi plane I built was in 1/87 about 15 yrs ago it's always neat to get the extra "goodies" for you projects good luck with your build. Lee

Sjors Greut27/06/2017 20:19:13
738 forum posts
236 photos

John- Im sure it will become air worthy before the end of September laugh.
Lee- My thoughts exactly! Good to see you aboard aswell in the GB.

Since I've ordered this kit (early last week), I did some research on what "Chirri" means.
Finally after a week long search, I think i've found the answer.
The Spanish called this plane Chirri, because it sounds like the Italian pronunciation C.R..
Fun fact: Chirri is also a dirty word in some South American countries angel.

Sjors

Scottie27/06/2017 21:07:02
5602 forum posts
789 photos
1 articles

Sjors,

​Will follow along.

Scottie

Sjors Greut29/06/2017 14:06:07
738 forum posts
236 photos

Welcome aboard Scottie!

Just 2 more days until I (we) can finally start with the building, so in the meantime I occupy myself by doing some research.

The Italian airforce loved to show how grand and elegant the CR.32 was, by doing a lot of acrobatic shows, all over the world.

(for discussion purposes only)
Here is a CR.32 on display with the typical colour scheme used on these shows, the Italian flag is painted on the rudder/vertical finn while the rest of the fuselage and wings are bare aluminium.

The colour scheme I'm going to use is that of the Nationalist forces, the build beining called Chirri and al smiley.

(for discussion purposes only)
Bare aluminium, except for the white rudder and some B&W stripes.

Here are some close up shots of the sprues from Italeri and from Eduard...

eduard sprue.jpg
cr.32 sprue.jpg
Italeri even added a display stand, which doenst look that bad actually, might even end up using the damn thing smiley.
Thanks for looking in!

Sjors

Steve Jones 1230/06/2017 16:57:30
3461 forum posts
8720 photos

Sjors

I would like to join the ever growing throng of watchers. Looks like this will be a real winner. Good luck mate

Steve

John Race30/06/2017 22:24:30
6157 forum posts
1310 photos

Sjors.

Opening the box and showing all your add ons is teasing , I heard today that my model will delivered on the 14 /15 July angry mind you I night be just about ready.

Looking fwd to your BLING additions.

Say hi to the girls .rose

John

Dave S 430/06/2017 22:28:40
392 forum posts
65 photos

Nice kit. Nice era.

Enjoy...

DS

Sjors Greut01/07/2017 02:39:22
738 forum posts
236 photos

Steve: Welcome and thanks! At this rate I need more chairsface 1.

John: I did a quick web search on your "Chaika"; its max. speed was 350km/h with an action range of 500km.

From Russia to England is roughly 3000km, meaning it would take 6 days if it flew 500km a day... maybe the pilot got lost or found the secret vodka stash?

All joking aside; to bad it takes this long to arrive face 12, if I end up completing mine before yours arrive, I will enter this GB with another biplane.

The girls say Hi back! (One of them does at least face 4).

Thanks Dave!

Will start building the cockpit this evening, cant wait!

Sjors

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Hobbylink November 2
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ Oct
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest