By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Armour kits with interiors

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Robin Gronovius05/07/2017 04:32:57
97 forum posts

To me, it depends on the subject. A full interior with a T-55? That's cool, but adds to overall cost and most is never seen.

Conversely, vehicles like the original Tamiya M113 and M2 Bradley with nearly complete interiors allowed comprehensive dioramas. Their similar LVPT7A1 without interior left us wanting.

I prefer a simpler solution. I'm okay with some items in the driver's hatch and a couple items right inside the turret hatches.

Manu Della Valle16/07/2017 22:18:33
1392 forum posts
757 photos
Posted by John Prigent on 04/07/2017 19:07:02:

I like kits with interiors. Anything that has a turret can have it lifted off to see most of the interior, and most of those with 'complete engines' have engine bay hatches that can be modelled open. OK, some softskins with 'complete engines' have their bonnets moulded in one piece, but it isn't difficult to cut carefully along the real thing's hinge lines to open it up (I've said 'complete' because I have yet to see one with all of its wiring and fuel pipes provided in the kit). And I know I'm in a minority, but I'd much rather spend my time modelling an interior to look at than covering a good model with a load of extra stowage and heavy mud deposits to hide much of its outside detail.

How many of the 'I don't want interiors' brigade would turn down a chance to climb inside the real thing? Anyone who says he or she would accept that offer is being a bit hypocritical in not wanting to have the option to model what they'd love to climb in to see.

Cheers, John

I 27877678% second that!

Edited By Manu Della Valle on 16/07/2017 22:20:02

John Race17/07/2017 06:10:06
5726 forum posts
1228 photos

David.

As I enjoy making dios It would all depend on how I wanted the model to look in place . That being I would like a choice of either a cheaper closed up version , or massive amounts of detail, say in an engine change ..

John .

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest