By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Eduard Airco DH.2 1/48 (BiplaneGB17)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Foenander12/08/2017 03:37:49
3372 forum posts
4405 photos

Hi Jimbo,

Have sneaked in to preview again and pleased to see it progress well. The Jig is holding the fiddly frame well and so is the painting with pre-shading.thumbs up Just found time to continue with my Tigermoth.

Cheers,

Richard

Sjors Greut12/08/2017 06:00:58
577 forum posts
221 photos

Amazing work so far Jim!

I like your contraptionsmiley

Sjors

John Race12/08/2017 09:06:29
5447 forum posts
1164 photos

Jim .

Ema glue has arrived, waiting for its first outingsmiley Couldn't see on their website the applicator top that Andy mentioned. I need something as I am prone to knocking glue overcrying angryRuined 2 mats already.

Those blue protectors look like the ones used to separate sheets of glass/double glazing units. Very handy.

The shading on the wings looks good, must find my marker pen then .

John.

Fernando Nijhuis13/08/2017 17:57:46
427 forum posts
268 photos

Hi Jim,

Great result with the Mission Models paint, certainly one to keep my eyes out for and top work with keeping your pre-shade intact.thumbs up

Looking forward to the next update.teeth 2

Fernando

Jim Barry13/08/2017 19:27:07
1093 forum posts
526 photos

Fine work, Jim. I just love this design.

Keith Hiscock13/08/2017 23:10:10
222 forum posts
461 photos

Jim, This is coming along great.

I like the idea of the foam for masking, I've only used tissue in the small areas, will keep that in mind for next time.

keep it going .

Keith

jimbo14/08/2017 17:46:25
13299 forum posts
2500 photos

Hi all

Steve - thanks. I used all manner of paints depending on the situation. I don't really have a favourite but if pushed I would choose Vallejo Model Color for brush painting and Lifecolor through the airbrush although this new Mission Models stuff does seem very good.

Graf von Dillini - good to see you Mein Herr. That commission build is great - understand why it took up your time.

Richard - the jig has certainly saved a lot of heartbreak on this very delicate structure.

Sjors - thanks.

John - I have not seen applicators for EMA. I just use an old brush. I am scared of spilling the glue as the bottle is rather tall so I stand the bottle in an old pot and around the bottle I have put some lead fishing shot. About 1cm deep. It stops it being top heavy.

Fernando - I am quite taken with the Mission Models paint. Only the second preshade I have managed to keep. I had a quick count up and I have obliterated 3 dont know

Jim - it was the look of the plane which made me buy it. It was not until I got the kit that I realised how delicate it would be and how much rigging/control line it had.

Keith - pieces of foam/sponge are really useful for masking. Just be sure the foam is soft, not the scratchy kind which can damage paintwork (he says speaking from experience crying 2)

A bit of an update. All the grey bits, struts and fuselage mainly, brush painted with Vallejo Model Color with some Klear added to give a slight sheen. Three thin coats.

p1040949.jpg

p1040950.jpg

p1040951.jpg

I painted the tyres with Humbrol enamel. Mixed a light grey and added a spot of red. Looks about right for the old tyre colour in some reference photos. Stuck on the decals - had to swear a lot - and then sealed the whole wheel with Testors matt.

p1040952.jpg

Thanks again for all you kind comments.

Jim

Edited By jimbo on 14/08/2017 17:46:53

Edited By jimbo on 14/08/2017 17:47:49

Peter Day 114/08/2017 17:58:59
5206 forum posts
1724 photos

Very fine work Jim - it looks as delicate as a dragonfly (oops, you've made me go all poetic!).

Peter.

Tony Dill 214/08/2017 20:33:05
5622 forum posts
3282 photos
3 articles

Ah Young Jimbo,

The old kite does look simply superb and delightfully fragile, showing the character of those Magnificent Men in their Flying machines

Lovely!

The Great Graf Von Dillinismile d

Richard Foenander15/08/2017 03:24:30
3372 forum posts
4405 photos

Looks real sharp Jim,

All perfectly aligned and fragile as can be.

Cheers,

Richard

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Sept
HLJ July
Expo Tools July 14
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest