By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

BiplaneGB17 Albatros D.111

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john hutton16/07/2017 09:03:13
4079 forum posts
1636 photos

Mick,

Here i am just getting underway , there is you with a mighty fine indeed finished Albee surprise. Great job of work my friend , Red tail fin is very impressive , such a difficult colour to get a nice finish on thumbs up. See you used the stretchy line for the rigging, tried the finest Ushi stuff on my earlier attempt at a 1/72nd. could not even see the thread to get hold of it nerd, so if i get that far fishing line will be my chosen product. Anyway , top job on your DIII, hope i can get close wink 2.

John.

Si Benson16/07/2017 09:08:52
3527 forum posts
888 photos

Nicely done Mick, the paint works and finished kit look superb

Si

Mick Charlesworth16/07/2017 17:58:01
1649 forum posts
437 photos

Gents many thanks for your king words, these flimsy aircraft are a real testimony to the pioneers who flew them in combat. I'm amazed that when landing the undercarriage remained in place. I know I've already said never again but there's a little voice in the back of my head keeps saying, never say never cheeky

Mick

Allen Dewire16/07/2017 18:12:50
1247 forum posts
771 photos

Hi Mick,

I think I have the same little voice talking to me. You really have done a bang up job on this one. The Alb is one to take pride in. A nice finish, nice detail and you still have your sanity...What more can you ask for Sir!!!

I can't believe I'm kinda enjoying my little Fokker too. Do want to get back to 1/35 armor, but.....................

Prost

Allen

Mick Charlesworth17/07/2017 15:21:01
1649 forum posts
437 photos

Hi Allen, many thanks for having a look. I suppose it's the satisfaction of tackling something outside your comfort zone and doing a half decent job.

Mick

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest