By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Building Tamiya's Stringbag (BiplaneGB17)

1//48th F A A stalwart for our most challenging GB

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

spanner57016/07/2017 10:13:07
847 forum posts
1061 photos

...well, I've come in through the stage door, and am sitting in the wings. I've bribed the usherette to keep me supplied with popcorn......

Sat waiting.

Ron

Sjors Greut16/07/2017 17:37:19
621 forum posts
223 photos

Hey Lt Andy,

Nice kit you have brought for the GB!
Will this be a OOB build of are you planning to add some aftermarket parts?

Sjors

Allen Dewire16/07/2017 18:05:06
1247 forum posts
771 photos

Evening Andy,

Welcome back to the living and good luck with this critter. Not knowing squat about these multi wing thingys, I am certainly looking forward to your build as you will certainly enlighten us all.

I'll grab a seat between the build and the fridge if you don't mind. Multi wing thingys do tend to make a man thirsty. Cheerio Lt.!!!..............

Prost

Allen

Steve Jones 1217/07/2017 20:13:08
3160 forum posts
7911 photos

Andy

A cracking choice of plane. Will sit amongst the rabble and look on with admiration. Good luck sir!

Steve

Alun Wells17/07/2017 22:22:40
1216 forum posts
934 photos

Hi Andy,

Could not commit to this build, silly season starts this week, lemmings arriving to throw themselves in the sea, for the next 2 months.

Will sit by Ron, and nick some of his popcorn!!

This would have been my choice to build, so will tag along. Good luck.

Cheers

Alun

john hutton18/07/2017 08:24:15
4079 forum posts
1636 photos

Andy,

Nice choice there mate thumbs up, i assume that this will be the usual immaculate Tamiya fit , so ready when you are Flt , Lt wink 2.

John.

Wouter18/07/2017 17:34:03
5723 forum posts
2162 photos

Quite strange that a dinosaur like this one made it through Bismarcks AA guns and managed to drop that torpedo ey teeth 2.

Nice subject you chose mate. Looking forward to see it fly again!

Cheers

Jim Barry18/07/2017 21:49:05
1109 forum posts
541 photos

Classic. Love it.

Andy Claesens20/07/2017 22:26:52
10884 forum posts
9748 photos
16 articles

Chaps,

Good evening all and thanks for forming up in the Mess in an orderly manner. I haven't been idle, just away doing another course so taking this away actually saved me a few quid in the bar. I have made a start but the pictures are on my phone and are not of the best quality. Will get them downloaded and cleaned up and then hopefully post up progress tomorrow.

Chin Chin,

Andy C
Flt Lt
OC No.1 (MilMod) Sqn

beer

Bobby Dale21/07/2017 03:40:22
1581 forum posts
1318 photos

Looking cool so far I have this one and the Roden Sea gladiator in the stash and would have chosen them but you all got there first ?,

But I am happy with my tri of choices , my late step father in law was a Chief Petty Officer in the FAA Aircraft fitter

And one of the last to step off the HMS Ark Royal before she rolled over and sank on operation pedestall (Malta Convoy) where they also lost HMS Eagle the day before , he was full of stories and tales about the resilliance of the old Stringbag which he worked on how one landed back on following the Bismark attack and when the plane caught the landing arrestor wire and the engine carried going straight off the front of the ship without the rest following

Bobby

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest