By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

V3000s maultier

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
joe strenko22/07/2017 00:19:47
491 forum posts
471 photos

img_2096.jpgimg_2097.jpgimg_2098.jpg

I took the advice of Steve Jones and took a little break for a couple of weeks and then got the itch to build again so I decided to do a relatively smaller build with the addition of a few figures. The ICM kit is well detailed and has lots of small...okay VERY small parts to deal with. Not a big fan of the tires so far and the tracks are also not my fav as of right now. ..working my way throughout the build so far and it seems to go together well without too much hassle.

Not sure on a paint scheme just yet ...to camo or not to camo...that is the question. Thanks for watching everyone

Dave Ward22/07/2017 09:05:03
2511 forum posts
2417 photos

Joe,

I have this in the stash ( and the all wheel version ). I'm a fan of ICM trucks, having made a few. They're well detailed, delicate, but not quick builds. I've been building up a collection of cargo to fit on the load beds.

cargo.jpg

Panzer Art Oil Drums, Tamiya Oil Drums, Value Gear Wooden Crates, and the biggie Value Gear Tarp covered crates. Enough for around 2 1/2 trucks.

Will watch with interest!

Dave

Robin Buckland22/07/2017 09:53:49
15502 forum posts
56527 photos
5253 articles

Hi Joe,

This is a neat choice. I thought you might be interested to see this one, with an Einheits cab, seen at the War and Peace Show at Beltring back in 2010.

V3000 Maultier at Beltring, 2010

Robin smile

Steve Jones 1223/07/2017 12:26:03
3345 forum posts
8518 photos

Joe

A seat with the rest of the guys, The vehicle will be fine I am sure but really looking forward to seeing your figure work. Good luck my friend

Steve

joe strenko12/08/2017 18:50:34
491 forum posts
471 photos

A few updates after finally getting the chance to do some more Modelling . Success on the tracks, certainly delicate little pieces and had one to spare after clipping them off of the spruces. ..onto some painting and varnish.. Dave, you aren't kidding when you said that the ICM kits are delicate and not quick builds..... very tiny little pieces that are brittle!!! I'm also going to add some little details to the bed.

Thanks Robin and Steve for some encouragement on this one.👍

img_2113.jpg

img_2118.jpg

img_2115.jpg

Scottie12/08/2017 20:41:59
5522 forum posts
784 photos
1 articles

Hi Joe,

This is a great little kit, I built one a while ago.

Scottie

Dave Ward12/08/2017 20:43:55
2511 forum posts
2417 photos

Joe,

looking good - as long as you get the chassis square, then things fall into place nicely! Are you planning to make a canvas tilt, or add the hoops?

I've tried making the canvas covers from fine paper soaked in diluted PVA, then draped over the hoops, but I can't get that right - it still looks like paper!

One thing I find is that ICM models can be difficult to handle - you seem to add delicate bits just at the right place to pick up the assembly. The fit on these models is normally very good, my recent ZiL was very good, not a spot of filler.

Dave

Edited By Dave Ward on 12/08/2017 20:44:35

John Race12/08/2017 21:17:02
5899 forum posts
1273 photos

Hi Joe.

Good to see you back. That track section looks good, will join the others and watch .

John.

Allen Dewire13/08/2017 16:39:56
1278 forum posts
791 photos

Afternoon Joe,

It's great to see you back for the attack buddy. This kit was # 5 on my most wanted list. I ended up getting the re-box of it by Italeri with the Flak38. One day I will build it, but I'll watch your build and steal all of your ideas first.

It appears you are off to a great start so far. I do hope you get more bench time Sir. Looking forward to the next step on this puppy!!!

Prost

Allen

joe strenko18/08/2017 10:57:34
491 forum posts
471 photos

Scottie, it's been somewhat fun of a build.. but also a bit frustrating with the fragile pieces,

Dave, not sure what I am going to do with the bed yet

John, thanks for watching from the new man cave👍

Allen, pull that puppy out of the stash an just maybe I'll wait for you to start and finish your kit before I do mine.. ha ha

So a start on weathering of the cab, using various filters..everything has not been glued together yet on the cab and lots more to do but overall satisfied n the first pass at weathering

img_2128.jpg

img_2131.jpg

img_2132.jpg

img_2133.jpg

img_2134.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest