By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

V3000s maultier

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
joe strenko07/10/2017 01:28:26
491 forum posts
471 photos

Steve,, only $1.00??? Those bricks are heavy,,,😆😆 and are worth at least a $1.25 for 200..... I have to say that this has to be one of the most tedious tasks that I've taken on to date. And I think the pictures are proof.😬 So the next to last picture shows the walls and general layout.. a lot of masonry work ahead of me..😩😩 perhaps Mr John Race our local resident builder could lend a helping hand 😬 Or drum up a labor force for me

img_2212.jpg

img_2211.jpg

img_2208.jpg

img_2207.jpg

joe strenko09/10/2017 16:18:39
491 forum posts
471 photos

img_2218.jpg

So with the road stone work wrapping up, I've been wondering what color (s) should I choose??? Since my oringinal thought was to have the setting someplace in Italy or perhaps in North Africa, I am wondering should the colors be all some earth tone / sand or could I get away with some grey? Also I am going to rework the sidewalk pieces that I cut out and have placed so far. I simply don't like the look and placement of them. Comments and suggestions welcomed

Steve Jones 1209/10/2017 19:14:53
3342 forum posts
8510 photos

Joe

Well worth the patience mate. A wonderful result. If in Italy you could get away with a grey mixture of bricks. You may also want to consider light and dark reds also. For Africa you would probably want to stick with sand colours. Look forward to seeing what you decide

Steve

Scottie09/10/2017 19:32:11
5522 forum posts
784 photos
1 articles

Joe,

​Great work on the bricks, I feel your pain I cast and laid over 1400 bricks for a build a few years ago.

Scottie

joe strenko09/10/2017 20:30:57
491 forum posts
471 photos

img_2219.jpg

Thanks Steve for the assistance. Not sure which way I will go,, maybe a couple of experiments first. I did change the sidewalk pieces that I had installed before and like this look much better. An iron gate and a couple of columns are forth coming,

Scottie, thanks and yes the stonework was back breaking...😬 I probably only have a couple hundred.. can't imagine 1400

Si Benson09/10/2017 20:42:57
3580 forum posts
906 photos

Hi Joe,

I broke into a cold sweat just looking at all the brickssmile o....that’s dedication for youthumbs up

I’d have got fed up on the second row and bumbled off to have a snooze on the couch wink 2.

Si

joe strenko13/10/2017 00:44:42
491 forum posts
471 photos

Si, what do you think took me so long?? Ha ha ..many breaks in the action so I had plenty of time for a nap...or maybe it was the few 🍺🍺's that I had??? 🤔

Started on some columns and face stone on the wall with some other details. And yes the gate actually will open and close with some little hinge work added.

img_2225.jpg

img_2224.jpg

img_2223.jpg

John Race13/10/2017 13:12:54
5897 forum posts
1273 photos

Joe.

Bricks, there are brick and bricks but these are the dogs doodahs bricks.star

Sorry mate I have been lacking in following thisblush. Have to say nice to see a fellow Chopper fan. thumbs up

The cobbles/bricks are looking really good, once I got into the swing of brick making its quite relaxing ( perhaps I should get out more  

I don't know it you are going to just drag a coarse sand paper or stiff wire brush,( those very small ones ) and just take some of the squareness off the long sides. Not a lot a pressure needed but it results in a worn looking road way. This is just a suggestionsmiley

Gates that open , my word this is pushing the boat out, good for you.

John.

ceo of bricks are us

Edited By John Race on 13/10/2017 13:13:30

joe strenko18/10/2017 21:51:47
491 forum posts
471 photos

John, thanks for the advice. On how to rough up those little buggers.. had planned on doing something to rough them up a bit but hadn't thought of how to do so.

Let the plastering begin,,

img_2239.jpg

img_2240.jpg

img_2241.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest