Fokker DVIII aka The Razor...Biplane GB

or nearly a biplane

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Allen Dewire13/08/2017 15:13:54
1352 forum posts
966 photos

Hey Tony,

Now that is really one big Fokker!!!...Ummm, I mean Heinkel there Sir. I've seen this kit in the store and the box was huge. Would need a bigger apartment if I ever built it. Really nice finished product you've made for the client.

And the other Fokker????........Take care Von Dillini.

Prost

Allen

Fernando Nijhuis13/08/2017 18:16:17
640 forum posts
556 photos

Hi Tony,

Great looking HE-111, what a beast.thumbs up

Good luck with your Fokker, looks like a real challenge to tackle.smile o

Fernando

Sjors Greut13/08/2017 19:52:34
760 forum posts
244 photos

Tony,

Sorry for the late comment: That Heinkel is a real beauty!

Good luck with the Fokker, can't wait to see some progress shots.
Sjors

Tony Dill 214/08/2017 12:06:08
5623 forum posts
3282 photos
3 articles

Good Morning Gentlemen,

The Great Graf Von Dillini staggers into the mess and sags down at the counter, his face white, his eyes bloodshot. His batman ( Not Bruce Wayne mind youface 1) peers cautiously over the bar, then shuffles over to the great man,with a Schnapps in handcocktail.

"What s wrong Mein Graf?" he asks with the required deference to a great modelerface 22

"This This!" he gesticulates wildly in the direction of the Eduard Fokker DIII, " Its not as bad as it appeared!"face 23

To Be continued tonight Gents!

Von Dillinismile d

Edited By Tony Dill 2 on 14/08/2017 19:51:33

Tony Dill 214/08/2017 20:21:10
5623 forum posts
3282 photos
3 articles

Gentlemen,

Pardon for the interruption , but i realized that I had an appointment with my eye doctor!

As I said, progress has been slow, due to a rather large Fokker, uh He111H6 getting in the way. But work has resumed.face 9

124.jpg

In this pic you can see that I have applied the inner lozenge camo decals on the fuselage. Looking carefully at the fuselage halves, you will see that there are no location holes and pins. I feel that this is not the end of the world as it allows me to line up the fuselage halves quite accurately. You will note too, if you will the thickness of the fuselage halves. The mating surfaces were sanded on a perfectly flat surface to make the joins as good as possible.

The tan surfaces are the inner wood surfaces and are represented by photoetch.

123.jpg

I placed the beginnings of the photoetched inner cockpit frame work and floor into the right fuselage half. it fitted surprisingly well. I went on to add brass rod to the frame work after this to bulk out the actual tubes of the frame to closer represent the real thing.

img_0879.jpg

I somehow forgot to take pictures of the completed cockpit, face 11 and for that humble apologiesface 1

But, it is all assembled as you see in the photograph, and while it may look perfectly horrible festooned in acres of tape. but that is all part of the canny plan of The Great Von Dillini, to help in glueing the beast together! Ja!

I also took his opportunity to drill the location holes for the rigging and struts as those provided were found to be most shallow.

You can see that this is not the latest shake and bake from the Far East, but a limited run kit in the truest sense of the world

But never fear, Ve shall overcome!

THE GREAT GRAF VON DILLINIsmile d

Steve Jones 1217/08/2017 06:40:29
3599 forum posts
8784 photos

Tony

Even with the eyesight issues you still managed to produce some wonderful etch work. Look forward to seeing the cockpit in due course

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ December
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbylink November 2
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest