By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Hello from James

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
James Charlton21/08/2017 16:25:33
10 forum posts
9 photos

Hello all,

I am James Charlton been modelling around 3 years now have got better over time like a fine wine!

Mostly working on Modern Day armour - Huge Meng Fan members might know me as the Group Admin for the Meng Model Appreciation Society on Facebook.

Currently working to get better with builds and also painting with the airbrush using Mission Models Paint (MMPUS) and a Harder and Steenbeck Evolution CR Plus with a 0.4 needle for all my work. Badger Primer all the way when not using MMP.

Next 12 months plans are to possibly have a new Mancave alongside this I would like to complete a few more builds. My 7 year old son is also slowly coming into the hobby learning the basics of gluing parts, sanding and Airbrushing at present.

Cheers

James Charlton21/08/2017 16:26:41
10 forum posts
9 photos

Forgot to add my Current WIP

Trumpeter 1/16 M-ATV

Road of Bones21/08/2017 17:37:40
3420 forum posts
2996 photos

Hello James, welcome to MilMod! Good to see another Modern Armour builder on herethumbs up I like your M-ATV too.

I've done a couple of Meng kits in my time, my favourite being this one:

img_3452.jpg

I have a few in the stash too, so I may have to seek out your FB group...nerd

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Alistairkulou

James Charlton21/08/2017 20:57:25
10 forum posts
9 photos

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for the welcome that is some seriously stunning work there! Love the weathering and the work on the PE! Done some more on the M-ATV this evening she's got about another 4 hours and then I think I will be calling her finished been a real learning curve and baptism of fire but learnt a lot :P

John Race21/08/2017 22:44:36
5692 forum posts
1225 photos

James.

A warm welcome from me as well. Looking fwd to seeing more of your work. Nice to read that your son is getting involved in modellingthumbs up

John.

Fernando Nijhuis22/08/2017 17:59:21
468 forum posts
291 photos

Hi James,

And a warm welcome from me too, nice looking M-ATV and good to read you’ve gotten your son interested too in our hobby.thumbs up

Fernando

John Glover22/08/2017 19:34:53
1594 forum posts
2978 photos

Evening James

welcome aboard the MM site

Never built a Meng kit yet but there's still time wink 2

M-ATV is going well thumbs up

Look forward to seeing more of your builds

John

Sjors Greut22/08/2017 19:36:17
621 forum posts
223 photos

Hey James,

Welcome to MM and that is one hell of a WIP laugh.

Sjors

Allen Dewire22/08/2017 21:07:39
1247 forum posts
771 photos

Hallo James,

A big welcome from me too from Bamberg Germany. WIP is looking fine And can't wait to see it finished. My two sons never had an interest in the hobby. They look at my models with working parts I've made or etch I've added and think dad has lost his marbles. Have fun!!!

Prost

Allen

James Charlton22/08/2017 21:35:34
10 forum posts
9 photos

Hello all,

Thank you for the welcome Pickle will be taking on kits in the near future think he will be starting off with a Meng Pick Up truck as a joint build with me and then going from there.

I think next up for me will be the Hobbyboss M4 Tractor which I have picked up at a very low price

Look forward to chatting more and of course showing the finished M-ATV

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest