By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

D.A.K.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Daniel Horvath15/12/2017 18:00:52
152 forum posts
349 photos

Hi Peter thanks for the idea but I have to pass on your plan ! No offence! Don’t forget this dio is a 1 section out 5 it will be attached one to another! ! Well planned cant move things around. But regarding the empty place you right I agree with that. So that’s why i will incorporate the famo with the trailer and the tank . But thanks anyway to take the time and make a sketch! Maybe be that could be your next dio ! Cheers Danny

Tim Marlow15/12/2017 18:40:01
1318 forum posts
1035 photos

Hi Daniel

There will be lots to see in this one. Should be good when complete, packed with detail. However, I would question one aspect.. all of your buildings and emplacements are four square to the edges. The composition could be much more dynamic if this wasn't the case. I know the military are fond of straight lines, but the alignment could be achieved at an angle to the main axis of the diorama, so generating visual friction and increasing the compositional interest to the viewer....

Mind you, the sheer number of elements is going to overwhelm them anyway, so you could probably ignore this 😉

Cheers

Tim

Daniel Horvath15/12/2017 19:48:34
152 forum posts
349 photos

Hi Tim thanks highly appreciate the observation! Just to make it clear for me , you mean that the buildings edges are in parallel with the edge of the diorama? And it should be turned so the edges don’t line up? If I understand you correctly. It’s a good point I will do that . And like you said its gives different angle to the viewer! Thanks again regards Danny

Tim Marlow15/12/2017 22:38:10
1318 forum posts
1035 photos

Hi Daniel

That's exactly what I mean, the current arrangement looks a little static. You need to keep it looking like a military establishment though.....not just like a random arrangement of buildings....not easy but worthwhile when it clicks.

Cheers

Tim

Daniel Horvath16/12/2017 08:39:30
152 forum posts
349 photos

Hi Tim thanks for confirming it. It is military establishment. Its an airport so if you look the first page of this thread you will see the plan . I will turn the buildings it’s good idea but to rearrangeing them not an option due there will be a runway for the planes in the middle . Thats why the buildings on the sides , cant put them in the middle! But again thanks for the observation! I do like the current placements when it will be ready hope you guys like it to! Cheers Danny

John Race16/12/2017 10:32:50
6590 forum posts
1376 photos

Daniel .

Alwaysa ptoblem when setting out a dio, more so when it's large. I do see Tim's point , I placed my buildings at an angle on my large dio with that in mind , to draw the eye in .

However don't think it would work with yours, the runway would wrong and you loose some ground and there fore the buildings at ends would have very little ground .

John

Daniel Horvath16/12/2017 19:17:10
152 forum posts
349 photos

Kevin and Steve forget to thank you for the advice regarding the tank I should use! So thanks fellas!And also thanks John for your comments. Will see how it will looks like when it will be done. Still far away. Until i still have time to turn those buildings and found the right composition. Cheers Danny

Daniel Horvath16/12/2017 19:21:42
152 forum posts
349 photos

8c4e60f9-0173-4d4a-bba3-7a61f3fc65fa.jpegAnd an update regarding the completed hut so here it is! The kit didnt come with glass for the windows so I tought i make something to make it more interesting. So i made a blind from thick alu foil . I think it looks better than just the empty windows!0b1fafb6-b395-4b8c-9f2c-cd43950461ab.jpegNext project is to get the figures ready for this scene! Thanks for looking again cheers Danny

Kevin Cole 116/12/2017 19:32:11
187 forum posts
46 photos

The hut looks great!

I'm kind of surprised we don't see more of these, as they were very common temporary structures.

I know sometimes they used screens rather than glass in hot seasons or climates, but that might be more work than it's worth.

Composition is a tough task unless one has a talent for it, and I know I don't!

Keep up the good work.

Daniel Horvath16/12/2017 19:41:10
152 forum posts
349 photos

Thanks Kevin try my best !

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
HLJ December
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest