By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

What's on the bench

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Graeme C.12/09/2017 19:47:09
1292 forum posts
267 photos

Hi all, These are the builds currently on or lurking around my bench, two have been on the go for a while with little progress, while the other two have moved along quite well.

dsc07798 (1024x680).jpg

A DUKW from the soft skin GB, No progress lately, now in the shelf queen category.

dsc07797 (1024x680).jpg

Crusader AA from the AA GB, progressing slowly, weathered, next job is a matt coat of varnish.

dsc07794 (1024x680).jpg

Tamiya Panzer III ausf N, only on the go for a week and nearly ready for paint. A getting the mojo back build, which seems to have worked.

dsc07793 (1024x680).jpg

A 1/72 Challenger 1, first coat of primer on, hull sides wheels & tracks to paint before the side armour goes on.

The question is, what does everyone else have on the bench, are you all as bad as me? Perhaps the first Group Build of next year should be a 'stalled project/shelf queen/parade of shame' GB.

Graeme.

Edited By Graeme C. on 12/09/2017 19:47:59

Allen Dewire12/09/2017 20:47:58
1347 forum posts
959 photos

Evening Graeme,

Oh what a topic to post...Sadly, I have way too much on the go too. I agree that the first GB next year should be exactly that. For instance;

Night Moves ´45. a big work in progress....

image.jpg

And the UHU that goes with it. A lot further along as the pics show.

image.jpg

Wheeled vehicle GB, another WIP....

image.jpg

IDF GB, My Nagmatron Transformer type carrier thing! almost there, but still needs some love......

image.jpg

Anti Aircraft GB, lots of workable parts and alu barrel. Another one that´s almost finished. My head hanging a bit lower!

image.jpg

SSGB, a Tribute to Robin...Hangng my head even deeper in shame. My first attempt at 1/72 scale in over 30 years and I didn´t go blind (optivisor city). Again, not a lot to actually do, to finish it. Oh, and paint around 10 figgies too...

image.jpg

We also won´t talk about others that have been calling me to finish them; Hetzer w/ scratch engine compartment, V1 with launch ramp section and start equipment, RSO tractor, and, and, the list goes on.

Prost with Shame & Shelf Queens

Allen

Hooch12/09/2017 23:21:39
349 forum posts

Just keep chipping away at 'em fellas!

Andy Claesens13/09/2017 11:06:36
10957 forum posts
9883 photos
16 articles

Good morning Graeme,

What a can of worms question.... I have suffered a number of life issues these past few months that has kept me away from the bench and the forum so my backlog looks like some form of scale scrapyard!

Nice selection of stuff going on there and the same goes for Allen too

Currently I have two for the Biplane GB, Tamiya 1/48 Swordfish and Eduard 1/48 Bristol Fighter.

tam swordfish stg 2 (3).jpg

ed brisfit primed (3).jpg

A commissioned pair of Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk IXcs. One now finished and awaiting blog updates.

tam spit ix stripes (3).jpg

On the armour front I am currently building a Takom Chieftain Mk10 which has just reached painting stages. No pictures uploaded as yet..

There will be no further confessions as to unfinished stuff as we all know my backlog is gargantuan numbers wiseembarrassed

Liking that GB suggestion. We did that a few years ago if memory serves me correctly and it would be a good idea to do it again. I do have an idea for a slightly extended one for next year too More news on that when I get back to posting more regularly soon...wink 2

Andybeer

John Race13/09/2017 13:51:56
6157 forum posts
1310 photos

Graeme.

Myself I have just my Stalingrad city dio waiting until I finish the group build.

However I can confirm that Mr A Dewire does in fact have more than a few. A photo obtained from unknown sources has been found. I give you ......................................................

Sorry buddy but Allen I 've be telling you to get on teeth 2

MVC002F-vi.jpg

John.

Photo for discussion purposes only.

Edited By John Race on 13/09/2017 13:53:09

Steve Jones 1213/09/2017 14:31:09
3461 forum posts
8720 photos

Blody El! That's a shop!face 20

William Whitten13/09/2017 16:44:02
144 forum posts
15 photos

Holy Moly John! You must spend a fortune on model kits!!!

Wish I had the bucks to have a stash like that...

\\][//

Allen Dewire13/09/2017 17:26:46
1347 forum posts
959 photos

Yikes!!!!!!!!! The cat is out of the bag I guess......Thanks John, the nasty-gram is in the mail!!! LOL!!! Oh, and don't forget, I know (about) where you live too..........

William, John was talking about me and my loft insulation with the above pic.

Prost and head hanging ever lower in shame...

Allen

PS, No Steve, it's not quite a shop yet....And I don't know where John finds these pics. Guess he's taking lessons from you......

John Race13/09/2017 18:11:44
6157 forum posts
1310 photos

Allen .

face 20 Sorry buddy couldn't resist it, Christine had a look and after I had got up off the floor said it was more like my old shed.surprise

I think the bruises will fade .

John

Allen Dewire13/09/2017 18:20:41
1347 forum posts
959 photos

John My Man, Love it to death!!!!! Ahhh, you'll be fine, they'll heal...........

Prost

Allen

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Hobbylink November 2
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ Oct
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest