By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Modeler Input Sought for New Colors to be Added

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin Cohen13/09/2017 06:04:50
14 forum posts

Tru-Color Paint is seeking the input of the warship modeling community on what we should be developing for the market. Right now Tru-Color Paint is in development of nearly every color the U.S. Navy used in WWII, including the generic colors used on pre-war and on modern warships. We will have about 60 colors in this category by the time we are through with all the color matches and release of these through early 2019.

What country's naval ships should be the next focus of Tru-Color Paint ? We have the color chips for German, Japanese and Royal Navy for WWII and can get the modern colors for these as well. We believe the modeler should have a say as to what we do next or should we do these concurrently with the U.S. Naval colors ? We look forward to your input and suggestions.

Martin Cohen, PhD
Tru-Color Paint

PS - Same question applies to AFV. What country's tanks and other armored vehicles, figures, etc. be worked on - German, British or Russian ?

Peter Gillson13/09/2017 09:44:55
771 forum posts
697 photos

Martin

Thank you for asking for modeller input.

I am mainly a figure and vehicle modeller so cannot comment on navy subjects. But regarding figures and AFV subjects, the last few years there has been a real increase in the number of manufacturers of paints and there are many ranges dealing with German WW2 subjects, both for figure and AFV's.

The one area where there is surprisingly little is that of WW1/2 Allied Uniform colours, and it is that area which I would suggest should be your next focus.

Regards

Peter

Sean Emmott13/09/2017 09:53:25
2206 forum posts
4349 photos
3 articles

Hi Martin.

I am not a ship modeller, so cannot help with your primary request, but I do have some suggestions for other colours which I think should be more easily available.

British WW2 AFV colours are very difficult to source. SCC2 and SCC 15 in particular. The latter is Olive Drab, but different to US Olive Drab in that it fades to a greener shade. A set of Olive drab with greener shades would be very helpful. Most Modellers seem to regard Mike Starmer's MAFVA notes as the most reliable sourse regarding British WW2 AFV colours.

Another difficult to source paint is PC10 for British WW1 Aircraft. This is a Dark Green that (according to Wingnut Wings' notes) fades to a brown, almost Khaki colour. So varying shades of PC10 would be very helpful as well.

I hope that these suggestions are helpful, and potentially commercially viable (particularly given the popularity of Brisyh AFV kits and Wingnut Wings' popularity)

beerbeer

Sean

Perry Rowe13/09/2017 13:27:49
1135 forum posts
941 photos
Posted by Peter Gillson on 13/09/2017 09:44:55:

The one area where there is surprisingly little is that of WW1/2 Allied Uniform colours, and it is that area which I would suggest should be your next focus.

+1

Martin Cohen13/09/2017 16:45:06
14 forum posts

Peter - Sean - Perry:

Thank you for your inputs. As we plan the latter half of 2018 and 2019 production schedule we will take a look st the uniform colors for Allied armies. Does anyone know of a good source for information regarding the colors used ?

As for British WWI aircraft, we have 2 PC-10 and 1 PC-12 paints scheduled for release on Dec. 4, 2017. These will be numbered TCP-1251, 1252 and 1253 respectively. All of these were matched with the help of Kevin Wenker from the Craig Hewitt Chapter of IPMS who specializes in WWI aircraft. The other color being worked on in our lab is BC-05 Yellow Doped Linen.

We will take a look at Mike Starmer's notes about WWII British AFV colors to see what can be done in that area.

Appreciate the time for replying. We value modeler's opinions and if any other ideas or comments come to mind, let us know.

Martin Cohen, PhD

Tru-Color Paint

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest