By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Lorraine 37L by RMP towing PAK 40 by AFV Club (EngGB2017)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mike Cartmale06/12/2017 22:07:46
493 forum posts
358 photos

Hello Steve,

Finally managed to catch up on your build and with the paint and weathering on the go it is really starting to look the part. Looking forward to more....

Cheers, Mike.

Richard Foenander07/12/2017 05:53:27
3894 forum posts
4642 photos

You've started on my favorite part with dirty oils. Weathering looks great especially the streaks.

The Pak wheels are something else man.thumbs up

John Race07/12/2017 11:27:17
7202 forum posts
1518 photos

Looks all good to me Steve.thumbs up

jimbo08/12/2017 09:45:35
14262 forum posts
2716 photos

Hi Steve

All I can says is it is looking great and I'm sure you must be pleased.

Steve Jones 1216/12/2017 21:02:00
4099 forum posts
9213 photos

Merry Christmas Everyone

Mike - Glad you liked it sir

Richard - Many thanks. More weathering below

JR - Cheers mate

Jim - I am indeed. Just annoyed I dont have enough time to do more

All work and no play makes Steve a dull boy. It is that time of year so little bench time to speak of I am afraid. I have not even touched the PAK but we are approaching the finishing line with the Lorraine.

All the oil work went well. Finished off with a beige/white oil dry brush. Then the whole model was given a pigment Light Dust and fixed with a Matt Varnish over spray.

The rear hold items are work in progress but nearly finished. The last major job is the tracks now that all the wheels are fixed in place.

There were 107 links on each side. I have also had to use 7 links as spare tracks for the rear hold as I spotted a glaring injector mark which somehow I missed completelyblush

The tracks have now been covered in Hobby Boss metal primer and will be primed black tomorrow.

There is no way the PAK will be finished by the end of the year so this will be a late finisher I am afraid

(For discussion purposes only)

john hutton16/12/2017 21:20:20
4550 forum posts
1798 photos

Going along luvverly bud wink 2, shame you won`t get the Pak over the line until later , but sure it will be worth the wait when it arrives smiley. Metal tracks look just right on this , did you enjoy them ? i find them very therapeutic , cup of Coffee and some Peter Green Blues and i am as happy as Larry smile d.

Peter Day 116/12/2017 21:24:47
6444 forum posts
1899 photos

Wow Steve - you may not have had much bench time, but what you have had has been put to good use. Your observation of the wear and tear on painted steel is mind-blowingly good. Always a treat to see.

Hooch16/12/2017 22:15:30
431 forum posts

Really nice Steve, just had a wee look and that suspension looks really good, nice variants in colour even with the dusting up.

SimonT17/12/2017 07:17:05
11706 forum posts
9554 photos

Hi Steve,

lack of time is a real pain isn't it face 11

generally looking good but not sure about the WH number plate - did you intend to obliterate it?

Are you going to clean it off - it looks wrong to me as is. Painted over rather than worn through if you see what I mean

As for not finishing on time - I know all about that blush

jimbo17/12/2017 08:44:54
14262 forum posts
2716 photos

Hi Steve

The weathering is looking very convincing.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
Expo Tools July 14
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ February
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest