By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Lorraine 37L by RMP towing PAK 40 by AFV Club (EngGB2017)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Foenander13/10/2017 10:47:01
3586 forum posts
4517 photos

Impressive work Steve as usual with your fine research from references.

Bend my wire with pliers. To get a sharp bend I over bend and adjust it back to the 90 degree position or use double flat pliers and apply pressure...don't know any other way.

Cheers,

Richard

Steve Jones 1213/10/2017 14:09:09
3342 forum posts
8510 photos

Simon - That one could be on the Christmas Listyes. Many thanks

Peter - Sorry mate. I just had to do itlaugh

Durk - Never heard of heating it first. Will give it a go. Many thanks

Joe - I will do. Many thanks for the link

Marcello - Glad you like it. The side panels have no detail at all so that will be the next challenge after the springsyes

Mike - That helps a great deal!. Many thanks. I will let you know how they go. Sometime next year the way things are goinglaugh

JR - I am lazy so I was hoping there was a tool out there that could do all the hard work for mecheeky. May be I will have to design oneface 20

Richard - Thanks for the advice. Research of a build is a big plus for meyes.

Durk13/10/2017 18:25:45
1411 forum posts
676 photos

Red hot Steve, than very quickly cool it in cold water. But make sure not to heat it too far into a puddle of molten brassface 20. For straightening, roll the brass wire between a steel ruler and cutting mat.

DIRK

Richard Foenander14/10/2017 16:06:24
3586 forum posts
4517 photos

Yup...do the same too Dirk.

Cheers,

Richard

Steve Jones 1215/10/2017 13:21:52
3342 forum posts
8510 photos

Hi Everyone

Durk/Richard - Cheers guys. look forward to trying it out on the thicker wireyes

Bogie Update- Two done, four to goface 7

I don't like the repetitive nature of some areas of modelling so I am trying to do one bogie section each time I visit the bench along with something else to break up the monotony.

The side panels lack any detail at all. I have tried to look at as many photos and try and work out where the rivets should go. Also there is a weld line and two tow hooks to consider.(Why would you have tow hooks on the side of a vehicle?)

img_0110.jpg

The only thing that I know for sure is the position of the bogie's so everything else will be guess work based on their position. Fortunately I can do all the rivets and seam lines with them in place.

The instructions were incorrect for where the seats went. I have removed them as I am not doing internal work. However beware if you want to keep the hatches open.

The side panels are the same each side so do not fit correctly due to the raised bogie fixers

img_0111.jpg

There is an instruction on the destructions in Polish. I assume this is an instruction to remove them so they fit squarely to the base

img_0113.jpg

The bottom hull went together well and only a little filling and sanding will be needed

img_0114.jpg

Here are two sets of bogies in place along with the metal sprocket. The plastic one has a bad sink hole on it so glad I have the metal ones. As there is a lot of guess work on wheel positioning great care is being taken to make sure everything is level and square

img_0115.jpg

img_0116.jpg

Thanks for watching

Steve

1267630230_17pdr.jpg

(For discussion purposes only)

Edited By Steve Jones 12 on 15/10/2017 13:40:36

jimbo15/10/2017 17:43:53
13555 forum posts
2568 photos

Hi Steve

That is one beautiful bogie and spring. Looks superb.

Jim

Fernando Nijhuis15/10/2017 17:48:46
545 forum posts
325 photos

Hi Steve,

Totally agree with Jim, superb work.smile p

Good luck with the other four and the Polish instructions.thumbs up

Fernando

Sjors Greut15/10/2017 19:22:42
682 forum posts
227 photos

Nice work Steve!
Sorry to hear about your initial fitting problems...

On your latest reference photo, what is fitted on the end of the gun nozzle?

Sjors

John Race15/10/2017 20:46:20
5897 forum posts
1273 photos

Looks like a spiral smoke deflector from a chimney wink 2 Sjors.

Sorry Steve for breaking in , re those wire benders, I know some of us use pliers, but if I was going to do a lot then I would go for one . I've seen some goods ones on the net.

Build looking like one of your highly researched ones , so will be a winner.

If you want something boring to do try bricks.😱

John .

Si Benson15/10/2017 21:09:58
3580 forum posts
906 photos

Are you still milking this one Steve.....thought you’d of had it painted by nowwinkface 20

Only joking mate...I know how sometimes just a few mods can really eat the time awaydont know Looking clean and tidy so far....keep it coming beer

Si

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest