By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Miniart Caterpillar D7 U.S. armoured bulldozer (EngGB17)

Another dozer for the GB

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Allen Dewire18/10/2017 20:58:45
1347 forum posts
954 photos

Whoa Fernando,

I too am playing catch up on this puppy. I can't believe I missed this. That is a whole lot of parts and they seem to be coming together well. Engine appears to have everything there, interior too.

I feel your pain on the little parts and brittle plastic. I can get the parts off the sprue, but the clumsy fingers break a lot of parts while handling/cleaning them. This kit is very detailed. Drive on Sir and see you on Saturday morning!!!

Prost

Allen

Si Benson18/10/2017 21:46:10
3657 forum posts
917 photos

Hi fernando,

Just catching up and can see your doing a great job of this delicate kit.

I gotta side with Mr T and the JLC razor saw....I started using it on a 1/72 build and it removed part after part with very little clean up...really recommend itlaugh

Can’t help think you’ll have this finished in no timebeer

Si

John Race18/10/2017 23:46:46
6150 forum posts
1310 photos

Fernando .

Its the JLC saw here as well, though Marty has a good point with removing some with the sprue attached , and then removing the item .

Please ensure Allen does not take half the show home with him , enjoy your selves .

That paintwork looks good, very soft looking , nice.

John .

Sjors Greut19/10/2017 17:23:01
730 forum posts
233 photos

Fernando,

Great work on the build so far!!!

Sjors

Steve Jones 1221/10/2017 16:04:11
3461 forum posts
8720 photos

Fernando

Terrific detailing. The suspension unit looks particularly good. Look forward to seeing the weathering on the tracks

Steve

Fernando Nijhuis24/10/2017 19:30:30
595 forum posts
366 photos

Good evening all,

Jim, thanks all the fiddly parts make it worthwhile.thumbs up

Allen, thank you too and having small fingers helps too.wink 2

Si, thanks, tested it yesterday and the JLC is very good in getting the small parts off the sprue indeed.face 23

John, thanks, the paintwork was just the base colour pic of the complete interior coming right up.

Sjors, thank you.thumbs up

Steve, thank you too, with this kit you certainly get your money’s worth in all the details.smile p

Ok, after the great day at SMC with Allen and seeing all the lovely models I was filled with modelling energy so this one has made a good leap forward.face 1

Interior painted and weathered, leather brown for the seat and black for the handles and knobs of the controls.

Followed by Ak’s wash and streaking effects for interior for the white parts and Ammo’s brown wash for green vehicles for the o.d. parts:

20171023_183000_resized.jpg

Not much to see when closed up, just like one of my wingy things.face 20

Suspension units on with tracks fitted, but they are removable:

20171024_171404_resized.jpg

20171024_171419_resized.jpg

The upper fronts of the suspension angle a bit inward now, but I think it will be ok when the dozer blade mounting is fitted, then something will hold them in place.thinking

Thanks for looking in.

Fernando

Allen Dewire24/10/2017 21:30:10
1347 forum posts
954 photos

Hey Fernando,

You are so right about the armor. It covers up almost everything. I do hope you can leave a door open so you can see the work inside.

How hard is it going to be to paint the tracks with the suspension units as one piece? I do have to say you've made good progress on this Buddy.

Drive on and don't work too hard! Oh BTW, nice razor saw you got there!!! The paint brushes look kinda familiar too...

Prost

Allen

John Race24/10/2017 23:42:31
6150 forum posts
1310 photos

There something attractive about this , great lump of armour on the cab and a nice curve on the rear of the engine cover . Reminds me of those great Russian crawlers.

A great model Fernando, yes as Allen says ,do leave a door open .

John

jimbo25/10/2017 19:05:56
13702 forum posts
2592 photos

Hi Fernando

Oh that lovely interior all covered up crying 2 Can you leave a door open like Allen suggested? Looking like a bulldozer now thumbs up

Jim

Paul Eberle25/10/2017 19:09:45
2504 forum posts
1621 photos

Great work so far Fernando. Many of these conversions were roofless-just a thought. PaulE

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest