By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Takom T-55A Marina

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Marcello Tontodonati09/10/2017 05:46:59
257 forum posts
397 photos

Good morning MilMod
-Jon, thank you for stopping by. Friul tracks look great and although a bit expensive, they really make the difference in my opinion.

I started the upper hull which comes in three flat pieces with very little points of contact to glue each other. Very easy to mis-align. however some nice details on both the front and back

img_2798.jpg
img_2799.jpg
I'll take care of the protective grid of the lights once I am completely sure they are fixed and will not fall apart
img_2800.jpg
After all the assembling of the bings, with some apprehension, the marriage was done. Lower and upper hulls fit is excellent, with no troubles at all.

img_2802.jpg
This is my first Takom kit, and I am very impressed with the quality so far. Hopefully will be still impressed at the end of the built.
Comments and feedback always appreciated
Cheers
Marcello

Marcello Tontodonati10/10/2017 20:18:24
257 forum posts
397 photos

hi,

a brief update for tonight. I completed the lower hull and I am almost ready to prime it.
img_2815.jpg
img_2814.jpg

looking at this picture just now I realise that should have paid some more attention to the alignment, but hopefully everything will go into place with the barrels.
img_2816.jpg
These however need some filling, guess what is the task for tonightwink

The kit comes with the option to cover the engine hatches, but I preferred to show some blindness instead. Hopefully will not be difficult to paint

img_2812.jpg
That's all for now
Cheers
Marcello

jimbo11/10/2017 15:39:11
13555 forum posts
2568 photos

Hi Marcello

Really looking blinged up. Almost a shame to cover it with paint. Never built a Takom kit but you seem happy and they do some nice stuff so i'm feeling tempted.

Jim

John Race12/10/2017 00:19:36
5897 forum posts
1273 photos

Hi Marcello

Agree with Jim, that etch is grand, I'm another that likes those tracks, a pity they are neatly as much if not more than some of the models . But they do look good .

Will push Steve up and grab a seat .

John .

Gregory Mortara12/10/2017 17:16:56
248 forum posts
171 photos

Marcello, buongiorno... with that name you can only be Italian laugh

... Your work already looks super interesting.. your attention to details is really top... i really really like the towing cable... looks like a miniature of a real one...

I'm really looking forward to see the paint and the weathering of it..

Ciao 

Greg

Edited By Gregory Mortara on 12/10/2017 17:18:35

Road of Bones12/10/2017 17:34:03
3464 forum posts
3048 photos

What a very clean and tidy build Marcello thumbs up That will be an excellent canvas for your paintwork, I think!

It is great to see so many postwar vehicles being built these daysnerd

Very good job so far!

Alistair kulou

Steve Jones 1212/10/2017 17:40:22
3342 forum posts
8510 photos

Marcello

Great work all round. This should show through well when you start the painting process. Good luck

Steve

Marcello Tontodonati13/10/2017 08:56:27
257 forum posts
397 photos

Good morning,

no pictures update yet (later today) since I have not yet managed to find some time in the last couple of day to download my pictures ....

Jim, I agree, it's almost a shame to cover up the blinginess but a decision has to be made: to paint or not to paint...

John, - thank you not sure there is any need to push Steve away, there should be sufficient space to accommodate all laugh

Gregory, you are right I am an Italian expat living in the UK. The towing cables are actually real ones in miniature, included in the kit. Really nice looking detail will see how the painting will be easy on those (never tried before).

Alistair, thank you for your appreciation. The canvas definitely helps to obtain a good paint, will see if the artist is good enoughlaugh

Steve, thank you for your encouragement and positive feedback.

In the last couple of days not being able to sit at the bench at all, I had some thoughts on the painting process. I have almost decided to try the black and white technique with this one. I think there are good surfaces where B&W will show good contrast. Will need to decide now what colours to use (I usually go with Tamiya diluted with MR Leveler thinner, but may try the Tamiya yellow cap I recently got from Hannants). I was also very tempted to try the Mission Models acrylics, but not yet convinced. Any suggestions?

Cheers Marcello

Paul Badman13/10/2017 11:56:55
46 forum posts
38 photos

Lurvly progress Marcellosmiley .

I'd stick with the Tammy paints, you know these always work out finewink

Paul

John Race13/10/2017 12:43:34
5897 forum posts
1273 photos

I would stay with what your happy with Marcello. A lot of guys swear by Tamiya, iv'e never tried them due to having read they have a strong odour.

There was a lot of talk about Mission Model paint a couple of months back, I know Jim tried some, he might enlighten you and us .

John.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest