By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

IDF Chata"P (EngGB17)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Gregory Mortara12/10/2017 04:31:38
248 forum posts
171 photos

Hi Mike your work is really neat and very precise.... i’m really looking forward to this.. i always liked the look of the heavy transformed and converted IDF vehicles especially the recovery/engeneers...

Well done and keep up the good work.. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

jimbo12/10/2017 12:35:27
13555 forum posts
2568 photos

Hi Mike

Certainly a lot of work but you are clearly doing a fine job both in terms of your research and in your scratching ability.

Jim

Road of Bones12/10/2017 17:30:29
3464 forum posts
3048 photos

This is a lovely combination of upgrades and scratch building Mike nerd I had a thing for the M113 in my first modelling life, and built a bunch of ACAVs and Zeldas back then (nowhere near this standard though!). Can’t wait to see what you do nextsmile d

Alistair kulou

Steve Jones 1212/10/2017 17:42:08
3342 forum posts
8510 photos

Mike

You have been busy sir! Nice additions made. Looking really good. Look forward to watching your progress. Good luck

Steve

Scottie12/10/2017 19:18:08
5522 forum posts
784 photos
1 articles

Mike,

​Count me in, some nice additions already.

Scottie

Mike Cartmale12/10/2017 22:35:54
150 forum posts
175 photos

Hi all, not a lot of work done today, plans went out the window and it was workmen in and out plus take the dogs out etc etc.

To, John, Si, Simon T, Greg, jimbo, Steve Jones12,and Scottie, Many thanks for your kind comments they are all welcome and any advice will also be welcome, Cheers Mike.

Mike Cartmale12/10/2017 22:43:33
150 forum posts
175 photos

This is one of the photos from the Michael Mass/Adam O'Brein Zelda Part 1 book I am working from, there is a better one, but that is looking straight into the rear of the vehicle. The reason I chose this one is that it also shows the rear door latch mechanism and this is for the Mk. 1 and I started on the Mk. 2 so it was some quick work with the knife to rectify it. In reality I just had to cut out the plasticard.rear doorwaypic.jpg

Mike Cartmale12/10/2017 22:53:26
150 forum posts
175 photos

So, as I said earlier it has been a bit of a mish-mash day. The rear latch was put to one side through lack of concentration and I decided to cut out a few of the resin parts from the moulding blocks. This led to test fitting the front one and this in turn led to brass folding and soldering of the front left bin which is now in place complete with tie downs. And tomorrow it will be part two of the tool box rack which somewhere between AC/DC and other rock, was soldered the wrong way about. But all has been seperated, I will fill up the gas gun and get to it tomorrow. Cheers, Mike.frontbin1a.jpgfrontbin1.jpgsiderack1.jpg

Mike Cartmale12/10/2017 22:58:42
150 forum posts
175 photos

Alistair, you asked what was next? I have a Canadian LAV 111 in the stash with loads of resin and brass that I would like to finally get on with, but it is a lot of work chopping up kits etc. And then I have had this lurking about for some time which I might finally get around to finishing...Cheers, Mike.churchilwinch.jpg

Road of Bones13/10/2017 00:56:15
3464 forum posts
3048 photos

Mike - I was actually looking forward to the next steps on this build! face 20 The LAV sounds fascinating thoughthumbs up

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest