Esci Partisans - a first attempt

My first attempt at 1/35th modelling.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nick Turver14/11/2017 15:35:10
18 forum posts
8 photos

Hi Sean,

I think you are absolutely right the figure does not go together well so much so that what is supposed to be a jacket is now a sleeveless jerkin. Will spend a bit more in future thanks for the tip.

Managed a bit more build and paint today but after taking photo's realised I missed some of his trousers and my edges certainly need to improve. The colours seem a lot brighter on photos too.

Kevin, thanks for the info will look in to the tracks as I will need some.

Enjoying myself a great deal just wish I got more time at the bench.

Nick Turver14/11/2017 15:45:52
18 forum posts
8 photos

more painting.jpgToday efforts - more learning!smiley

more paint and shed.jpg

Jon Heptonstall 114/11/2017 15:57:27
1414 forum posts
20 photos

These are coming on really nicely Nick though that's a particularly horrible green! Are they going to be Maquis? If so perhaps a bicycle for a quick getaway could be added.

Don't remember seeing this set before but ESCI were known for being a bit rough and ready.You've improved the figures nicely-love the leather jerkin.. And the face is very good for a first try.

I think this is going to be a great little scene.

Jon.

Stuart S14/11/2017 16:46:16
86 forum posts
13 photos

Looking good Nick. You obviously have a very steady hand! smiley

jimbo14/11/2017 17:10:48
13702 forum posts
2592 photos

Hi Nick

Coming on a treat. It will make a great little scene which, being your first, will always be special. Sean is right about Hornet heads. *THIS* thread may be worth a read through over a cup of coffee.

Jim

joe strenko14/11/2017 17:20:44
521 forum posts
516 photos

Nick,

very well done for the first ever attempt at 1/35 figures.. as others can attest, the scale is quite a challenge to obtain realism and detail. Keep up the good work and practice and study all information that you can on figure painting on the internet and here as well. There are some great figure painters here at MMod who can offer tips and advice.

Nick Turver15/11/2017 19:45:38
18 forum posts
8 photos

Hi Jon, I agree so the ghastly green has gone although not sure about the new colour either. Love the bicycle idea hope you don't mind if I use it. Still missed a bit of trousers again so I'll redo them in a different colour - can't wait for a decent magnifyer.

Thanks Stuart - get the shakes occasionaly though.

Jimbo - got the coffee ready thanks.

Thanks Joe, I just hope I can get somewhere near the quality shown on this site.

Nick T.

ghastly green gone.jpg

John Race15/11/2017 22:08:09
6150 forum posts
1310 photos

Nick.

Good effort, keep it upthumbs up.

John.

Richard Foenander17/11/2017 01:10:31
3692 forum posts
4577 photos

Hi Nick,

Yes good effort. Better color than the green. I actually have this set of figures and they're not too bad if you can get past the fit issue.

At the time I thought they were one of the first I had come across that had more body and affordable as other Civvies came in expensive resin. However they can pass off as 1/32 scale. The downer is that eye lids are raised and the eye ball is sunken in which doesn't help with eye painting. They come out looking like Peter Ustinov playing Fu Manchu or Detective Charlie Chan.face 20

As a starter kit it gives you all the challenges of filling gaps, scraping seam lines, lots of nice folds to practice painting shades. It seems a hard way to start but will keep you in good stead for challenges ahead and improving your skills.

From time to time...treat yourself to a good figure just for relaxation. face 23

Cheers,

Richard

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest