Esci Partisans - a first attempt

My first attempt at 1/35th modelling.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
jimbo10/02/2018 12:36:07
14243 forum posts
2711 photos

Hi Nick

This is looking fine and I'm sure you are having fun and learning along the way. That is really all that matters in this hobby wink 2

I am sure you have it in hand but the figures will look quite different (and better) with a coat of matt varnish.

The end is in sight - keep up the good work.

john hutton10/02/2018 12:55:14
4537 forum posts
1793 photos

Have just had a read through, must say your cracking on well with your dio thumbs up. I struggle with 1/35th faces all the time, if someone decided to sell pre painted heads at this scale i would at the front, money in hand wink 2. Partizans along with the track bed looking good .

Nick T.20/02/2018 20:06:10
60 forum posts
31 photos

Hi All,

Peter, Jim and John, Thanks for looking in and your kind comments.

Flat cap included and believe it or not matt coating done. (given an old bottle guess its out of date)

I have now finished my first small dio and what fun I had. the learning curve is steep but I feel the first step has been taken.

Final pictures - hope you like them. Comments welcomed.

Scottie20/02/2018 21:11:17
6232 forum posts
883 photos
1 articles

​Nicely done and a pleasant change from the normal military figures.

jimbo20/02/2018 21:12:01
14243 forum posts
2711 photos

Hi Nick

Excellent. Well done. You hit the nail on the head when you said "what fun I had". That is after all what the hobby is really all about. Using figures for a first dio was certainly not the easiest thing to do. You should be very proud of this. I look forward to what you tackle next.

Peter Day 120/02/2018 21:18:54
6424 forum posts
1882 photos

Great stuff Nick - loads going on and some great detail. The most important thing is that you enjoyed doing it, and as Jim says, that's what it's all about. Well done.

Nick T.21/02/2018 10:31:01
60 forum posts
31 photos

Hi Scottie, Jim and Peter,

Thanks for the kind comments I have already started an RAF 100 project of a little 1 72 spitfire sea plane but again the quality of the kit and my limited skills are making it a challenge. I think it will be worth my while waiting until I can afford a good quality kit to have a go at. Also I am still putting together tools and paints - getting the correct colours seems to be not as easy as first thought.

Thanks again,

Nick T.

Tim Marlow21/02/2018 13:47:08
1412 forum posts
1058 photos

Hi Nick

Nice finish, well done. You know you are hooked now, don’t you?

I would concur with you regarding a good quality kit. It will make life easier for you while you get the basic skills honed. You don’t have to buy new to get one though. There are resellers such as King kit, who advertise on here, and auction sites such as Ebay. Both will stock kits from the big names. To be honest, I would try to get yourself something from Tamiya. Fit is always excellent, as is the engineering and moulding quality. Perhaps something from the 1/48 range as a starter?

I’m sure the guys on here would give recommendations if you wanted them.

Nick T.21/02/2018 15:24:18
60 forum posts
31 photos

Hi Tim,

Many thanks - and you're right I'm hooked. Already thinking of a large scale, long term build based on an advanced landing ground airfield in Normandy during the invasion. My dad was there and I have five or six pictures to base it on. The problem will be to find all the items in the same scale. Anyhow thanks again and I got a Tamiya 1/48 bren carrier with some etching (?) for christmas. Its waiting to be done but for now I'll concentrate on the RAF 100 group build.

Nick T.

John Race21/02/2018 16:12:40
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

Nick .

Top marks for this, agree with Jim on using figures on your first dios thumbs up.

Good luck with the build for the 100 th.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest