Gregory Mortara21/11/2017 15:53:45
326 forum posts
226 photos

love the wound...more blood...eheheheehe LOOOOL laughdevil

john hutton21/11/2017 16:41:36
4174 forum posts
1667 photos

Peter,

Absolutely stunning mate , some of the best ethnic flesh tones i think i have seen , love the idea you used for the face guard too. Just brilliant sir thumbs up. Having a major catch up around the site i thought it best to take a look into your recent past , as your painting speed is amazing, here are a couple that i really liked . Hope you don`t mind me posting this on this thread . Great job on the larger scale Saxon bust , beautiful job. Helmet looks real thumbs up. Geronimo again, great flesh pallet yes. Youngs Roman Centurion great job and German Rifleman is another cracker. Hindenburg is certainly up there in the stratosphere of figure painting. It is a pleasure and an education seeing your skill star.

John.

Richard Foenander21/11/2017 17:30:02
3746 forum posts
4606 photos

Really nice finish Peter.

The change of weapons are interesting and turned out good. I believe he's North African of Egyptian origin due to his lighter skin tone of bronze rather than Africans from the mid and Southern parts of Africa who tend to be very dark as John B has remarked even with purples and blues reflected of their skin tone. Even so it's still a damn bloody good paint job.thumbs up

Cheers,

Richard

Peter Day 121/11/2017 17:40:48
5881 forum posts
1535 photos

Greg - Glad you like the blood!

John - Thanks for catching up and for your kind words.

Richard - Cheers. Well, he's not West or Central African, though the Nguni of the South are light skinned (Zulu, Xhosa etc) as are the Bushmen, so.....

nelson-mandela-28.jpgsan_tribesman.jpg

(For discussion only).

Peter.

Edited By Peter Day 1 on 21/11/2017 18:05:50

Sjors Greut21/11/2017 18:15:07
760 forum posts
244 photos

Superb as always Peter!

Sjors

Richard Foenander22/11/2017 00:15:41
3746 forum posts
4606 photos

face 20face 20 I stand corrected...perhaps typecasted in movies again. Both subjects shown including NM have a little Chinese features too and they are a small percentage of the fairer population. The actor is from a minority tribe in the Kalahari and would have been amusing as a Gladiator with his opponents towering above him.

Cheers,

Richard

Mick Charlesworth22/11/2017 07:55:52
1704 forum posts
423 photos

Superlatives all used up Peter. Another masterpiece

Mick

Dave S 422/11/2017 13:09:37
412 forum posts
59 photos

A smashing job.

Glad the net finally found a home!

DS

joe strenko22/11/2017 14:44:12
533 forum posts
522 photos

Peter,

fantastic work of art again..starstarstarstarstar your painting and shading skills are top notch

Steve Jones 1222/11/2017 14:59:31
3580 forum posts
8783 photos

Peter

The guys have said it all! Another work of art. I do like this a lot. Well done mate

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ December
Hobbylink November 2
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest