By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Henschel 33 D1 Kfz.72 Radio Truck & Sd.Ah 24 Generator

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ron Lebert14/11/2017 20:37:42
2206 forum posts
5886 photos

Well, Great start;sad after a hours work the site locked up!

Hang in there!

Ron

John Race14/11/2017 20:52:15
6150 forum posts
1310 photos

Hello Ron .

That was a splendid attempt at re-entry. Nice to see you have tried teeth 2I've done that before now, painful .

John.

Ron Lebert14/11/2017 20:55:00
2206 forum posts
5886 photos

Well like a bad winters cold I'm back!

Not the best of starts as I lost everything doing my spell check. Had all kinds of witty things written for you to giggle over, but now I'm not so happy!face 12 Nothing worse that trying to remember what was posted & in what order..

Let's try it again!

27090-mei?en-1937-kaserne_der_nachrichten_-_abteilung_44-br?ck_&_sohn_kunstverlag.jpg

While searching the web I came across this really interesting photo. A group of Radio trucks set up in a very peaceful setting. Looks to be a radio school, the vehicles are painted in what may be Richswehr colours or very early Polish camouflage. Of great interest is the forward vehicle a Krupp L3H Kfz.72 radio truck pulling a Sd.ah. 24 Generator trailer.

Post time.

Ron Lebert14/11/2017 21:11:07
2206 forum posts
5886 photos

Hi John!

Yea, this happens once & a while. Nice to see your smiling face! Well it seems ok now.

Let's zoom in a bit.

27090-mei?en-1937-kaserne_der_nachrichten_-_abteilung_44-br?ck_&_sohn_kunstverlag - copy.jpg

The truck would be fun to build up, add a interior & then scratch the generator. A bit of work but I know all of you out there would enjoy the ride. Also of interest is the Bussing Nag Type G 31 Kfz.61 radio truck, perhaps part 2?

I have to say that I didn't think that this build would be as involved as it turned out. I have spent over a month researching radio vehicles & German 6X4 chassie trucks as I knew very little of them. Just to find a interior photo of the radio house was almost impossible. Photos of the vehicle details are very difficult to find, especially the engine area. I finally have enough info to do a decent job of it, I hope.

As usual any photos that you may have are welcome.

Ron Lebert14/11/2017 21:51:35
2206 forum posts
5886 photos

In the 1930's the German Military wanted several classes /series of vehicles to be produced by the German Automotive Industry. The idea was a first step toward a Einheits programme, here several manufactures were to build vehicles of similar proportions in a given weight class. This allowed other manufactures to build van & cargo bodies that could be bolted onto a waiting vehicle regardless of manufacture.

dfrrtshhthrsrth.jpg

Above we see the results, Bussing-Nag, Henschel, Krupp & Mercedes cooperated to bring about a group of vehicles who's overall dimensions allowed uniform construction of accessory bodies. fifteen different van & cargo bodies were available to the military allowing them to build as needed.

Ron Lebert14/11/2017 22:09:28
2206 forum posts
5886 photos

For the build I had two kit's to choose from.

19.jpg

The Krupp or the Henschel. One would think that the two kit's would be very similar in construction with only a few Krupp or Henschel parts thrown in. Not so my friend, the kits are true representations, very accurate & only sharing the wheels & van body details. The Krupp is a Radio Interception truck & the Henschel a Radio type A and B truck. You had to know that nothing German is easy! More info on this detail later.

icm_35467_01.jpg

I have the Henschel sitting in my stash so I will go with it, as it is already paid for!.

Well supper is ready, a lot more info to follow. I Hope I have interested a few of you to tag along!

Ron

John Ballard14/11/2017 23:21:46
3436 forum posts
1150 photos

Ron

Welcome back. Like me a Canadian winter visitor. I'm looking forward to your usual historical background as well as the ensuing scratchery. Long johns on and logs in the fireplace. take it away maestro.

John

jimbo15/11/2017 08:36:11
13702 forum posts
2592 photos

Hi Ron

So very good to see you. Hope you had a good summer and are heading back to the bench refreshed with a high mojo.

This sounds like an interesting project - right up your street. I'll sit up front with the two Johns and watch the magic.

Jim

Peter Kinsella15/11/2017 09:03:51
13 forum posts
33 photos

Hi Ron,

great to see you back. Looking forward to this, very interesting subject matter. The ICM kit will be a perfect base for your super detailing wizardry. I'll be taking notes from the wings as usual,

Pete.

John Race15/11/2017 15:19:23
6150 forum posts
1310 photos

Even better now there's timber . thumbs up

Yes, this will be a great detailed build Ron .

John .

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest