By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Matilda red army

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Christopher Shaw 115/11/2017 07:38:02
43 forum posts
2 photos

Morning all

I,m part way through this build and noticed there is no mention in the instructions of the external fuel tank which was on the British model. The parts are on the sprue but not used. My question is did the Matildas sent to Russia not have this external fuel tank fitted. I've looked on the web and all the photos of Russian Matildas don't seem to show the fuel tank fitted. Any advice would be welcome.

Chris

Jon Heptonstall 115/11/2017 11:01:12
1414 forum posts
20 photos

Morning Chris.

I think they probably didn't have them. A lot of Matildas in the desert didn't either.

If you type Matilda II in the search bar you'll find a thread started by Paul C. where this is gone into.

Jon.

Christopher Shaw 115/11/2017 12:15:05
43 forum posts
2 photos

Thanks Jon

The more research I do the fewer Matildas with the external tank I find so I,ll leave it of and put the parts in the spares box.

Chris.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest