By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

1/24th Pz. II Ausf.F

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john hutton24/11/2017 21:58:47
4537 forum posts
1793 photos

Evening chaps,

Have not put glue to plastic for weeks so thought i had better get back into the saddle before i forget how to do it completely crook.

Have had this in the stash for a couple of years now , so thought i would give it an airing .

pz ii 073.jpg

Also bought a couple of figs at the same time.

pz ii 074.jpg

Looking at the sprues there seems to be a good amount of external detail, no interior though. Tracks look interesting individual plastic links with a metal joining pin, on paper that looks relatively easy!!!!!! famous last words dont know. I have made a start on the lower hull ( waiting for that to dry ). Everybody welcome to drop in thumbs up.

colin bruce 124/11/2017 23:21:22
339 forum posts
38 photos

Pulling up a seat for this one!

Andy Claesens25/11/2017 08:25:15
10986 forum posts
9945 photos
16 articles

Count me in too John.

Good to see you building again.

Si Benson25/11/2017 10:20:47
3896 forum posts
974 photos

Morning Mr H,

Good to see you haven’t abandoned us... isn’t the internet a wonderful pain in the rear sometimes angry 2

Great subject choice...and a big ‘un too! Look forward to watching this one.

jimbo25/11/2017 14:44:23
14243 forum posts
2711 photos

Hi John

We don't see many larger scale vehicles. Figures will suit it well. Interesting blog so I'm sitting comfortably.

john hutton25/11/2017 17:08:43
4537 forum posts
1793 photos

Evening Gents,

Colin, welcome along sir thumbs up, more the merrier .

Andy , cheers bud i have missed this community for sure wink 2.

Si, never would, still number One on the net fist. This kit has got some good reviews , deservedly so too. If it had interior detail it would be up there with the top names.

Jim, make yourself at home, it may take some time teeth 2, tea will be served by my 20 year old French maid face 20. I have those Tristar figs and just found another from AC that i forgot i had, so it could be a full crew.

Cracked on late into the night / morning sad, got the Hull done and wheels.

pz ii 2 001.jpg

pz ii 2 002.jpg

Today built the suspension, 6 parts each and 4 different types each side .

pz ii 2 003.jpg

Started on the tracks this afternoon.

pz ii 2 007.jpg

Wrong way round so as you can see the pin heads just like the real thing smiley.

John Race25/11/2017 17:23:28
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

May I pull up a seat please John.

That's some nice detail on those tracks, looks a great build.

Keep "Rivet " Jones away from your French Maid ! he has a liking for such ladiesface 20

Steve Jones 1225/11/2017 17:56:26
4098 forum posts
9187 photos

John H,

Before I start I would like a quiet word with our Russian friend. JR I am a happily married man and anything that may have happened in the past stays in the pastface 20

A terrific subject to announce your return to the forum. It certainly is a beast and will take some painting. This was my first ever model. Admittedly the poorer Tamiya 1 35th version.laugh I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing what you do with the colour scheme

John Race25/11/2017 18:00:42
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

Rivet.face 20face 20

Sorry John you needed to be warned.

john hutton25/11/2017 21:51:47
4537 forum posts
1793 photos

There is some very nice detail around on this one thumbs up. Not to worry about the maid she makes Quasimodo look cute.

Not really that big, about the size of a 1/35 KT, but good painting practice for the 1/16th Kingtiger i have just bought, that will take some paint i should think.

Picture reminded me . In the 80`s along the Embankment a Bronze life size statue of PeterPan was erected in a grass area by the road. Came along one day and the picture above was all that remained . Story went that Two rascals in overalls driving a transit truck with Oxygen on the back turned up had a chat over a clipboard then cut him off at the ankles through him on the back and drove away. You could say NEVER NEVER to be seen again.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest