By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Open University - does anyone here have experience of it?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Prigent14/12/2017 12:12:09
3064 forum posts
678 photos
7 articles

Oh, it gets better Sean. The OU has confirmed to me that professional qualifications cannot exempt students from any of their 'higher education' (their term) studies. So the OU is not only completely and totally useless to anybody who gained a PhD, say, more than 15 yeas ago but also openly despises any professional qualifications at any level. I think the place must have been taken over by lunatics, and in fact I could teach most of their business studies courses - but probably wouldn't be allowed to because I have a mere professional Fellowship and no degree.

So I shall not bother with the OU any further. I was only interested because it offers distance learning and my back problem means that I can't consider any travel.

Cheers, John

John Prigent14/12/2017 13:46:00
3064 forum posts
678 photos
7 articles

I forgot to add that psychology or social sciences are on my 'avoid at all costs' list as being incurably infected with idiot 'experts' already. But there are plenty of other universities offering distance learning at degree level, so perhaps I'll look into those later - I'd rather build on something I already know a fair bit about, and can't travel for seminars which reduces the possibilities a bit.. Thinks - are those proverbial US 'diploma mills' still around that will send a Masters degree certificate based only on previous experience?

Cheers, John

Hooch18/12/2017 03:27:20
425 forum posts

So either or, or not related to trump University?

Think it's basically a polytech here and some of them they'd virtually gift you a piece of paper.

Tim Marlow18/12/2017 07:59:21
1375 forum posts
1055 photos

Hey Hooch

Don't feed the troll. John set his question up so he could rant like this, as I found out when I gave an alternative opinion. Just remember you are talking to a Trump clone, rather than about a Trump university and you won't go far wrong....fake news folks, fake news 😜😜

Cheers

Tim

Sean Emmott18/12/2017 10:39:34
2257 forum posts
4523 photos
3 articles
Posted by John Prigent on 14/12/2017 13:46:00:

I forgot to add that psychology or social sciences are on my 'avoid at all costs' list as being incurably infected with idiot 'experts' already.

It sounds like they are subjects that you'd gain a lot from studying then.

beerbeer

Sean

John Race18/12/2017 10:54:55
6885 forum posts
1477 photos

Gentle men, time please .smiley

John ...

John Race18/12/2017 10:54:56
6885 forum posts
1477 photos

Ops 

Edited By John Race on 18/12/2017 10:55:23

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Parabellum
HLJ February
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest