By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

GROUP BUILD RAF 100 2018 .(JR)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Race16/01/2018 23:04:09
6885 forum posts
1477 photos

Good Evening .

Just back from the Mess , PO Jones was enthralling us with the history of pewter! teeth 2

Nice to see the members all enjoying themselves, and young Tim Marlow about to make a show.

Jolly good chaps carry on .

GC Race ( Another splinter in my backside , dam it )

Sean Emmott18/01/2018 10:17:54
2257 forum posts
4523 photos
3 articles

A bit more work on my Spit. Ready to close the fuselage now.

trop_spit_005.jpg

trop_spit_006.jpg

Click this link for the fully detailed blog.

beerbeer

Sean

Tim Marlow18/01/2018 13:14:40
1375 forum posts
1055 photos

Nice looking office Sean. Coming on well......

I know they won't be seen, but are the oxygen bottles the right colour?

Cheers

Tim

Steve Jones 1218/01/2018 13:27:51
3988 forum posts
9186 photos

Squadron Leader Race

Apologies for my absence from the mess. Was on recce patrol over the Channel when a little Focke came out of the sun and strafed my rear end. I jettisoned into the Channel and it’s taken me all this time to swim to shore. Still can’t sit down though.cheeky

PeterL - Bring on the Wellington. I am sure it will be a big hit

GraemeC – It would be nice to see the Landy

PaulM – It would be great to have another RR/Fordson on the GB. The research is fascinating stuff

Sjors – Looking forward to seeing the Hurricane get off the ground. Good luck

AllenD – Your GB needs you!fist Look forward to seeing you in the fray soon

TimM – Fascinating stuff with the Whirlwind. You learn so much on this site. Good luck with the build

PeterG – A brave man to build your own bust. Looking forward to watching your progress

JohnH – All later comers welcome mate. I am sure you will come up with another little treasure for the GB

Fernando – I reckon GiNA will be epic. Good luck mate

Brad – A wonderful idea for a build. Really looking forward to watching it come together

JohnC – A fantastic aircraft and great to see you are having another go with her

JohnB – Your sculpting work is legendary and I look forward to seeing the group come together.

Krischan – Looking forward to seeing your Mossie. I am a big fan of your work. Good luck

NickT – Great to have you in the GB. Good luck with the Spit

JohnR – I am so glad someone is doing a harrier. ‘I counted them all out and I counted them all back.’

MikeM – Thanks for the introductions to Joyce. I am sure she is a “swell gal”

Marcello – That Spit looks awesome! Great stuff

JimB/Bobby – Look forward to you joining the GB very soon

MikeC – An aeroplane? When was the last time you built one of them sir?

Alun – Such an iconic chopper. I do miss seeing them in the skies over Cornwall.

MikeC – Not being a wingy person I have never heard of a BFD so going to follow along closely

Ron – A terrific entry for the GB. Look forward to the build and the base. Will it be riding on top of a 10ft wave diving through the surf?face 20

AndyC – Looking forward to seeing the Tempest! Great stuff

Jim Jim JIM – Where are you mate? Your GB needs you!

SeanE – A big fan of your work. Will watch your build avidly. Good luck

SimonT – The Dartmoor Landy.yes I am sure I have been in one of these. If your kit is as knackerd as the Landy I was in, then you have your hands full. Good luck

JohnG – The Beaufighter is a real beautiee. A cracking way to start the GB

Alun Wells18/01/2018 19:04:11
1274 forum posts
989 photos

Evening all,

A quick update:-

Interior near completion, roof engine controls for office to be fitted, and a seat next to electrical cabinet, then ready to prepare body halves

img_3069.jpg

img_3070.jpg

img_3072.jpg

img_3073.jpg

Progressing slowly, will update on this main blog.

Keep up the good work chaps

Cheers

Alun

John Race18/01/2018 21:57:14
6885 forum posts
1477 photos

Alum. That's is moving on thumbs up

I see POJones has been swanning around ,but glad to see he has returned safparade yesterday

Had to go on sick parade as had a touch hi altitude sickness , Mrs R said it was man flue and told me to get up crying

GCRace .

Marcello Tontodonati19/01/2018 06:04:51
299 forum posts
430 photos

What a variety to celebrate the RAF wink and well done to everyone.
I consider the build phase complete and I must say that his is the best wing kit I have built so far(not that I have huge experience in flying things). Here is the end result
img_3096.jpg
some filling is required anyway, but minimal quantities...
img_3097.jpg
Does anybody can help with this two holes on the left under the wings? there's nothing in the instruction, nor to fill nor to put anything in them
img_3099.jpg
Next stage primer and some bonding if needed.
Cheers
Marcello

Tim Marlow19/01/2018 07:54:42
1375 forum posts
1055 photos

Hi Alan

Nice stuff on the help.....

John, doesn't Mrs GC realise man flu can be fatal? Hope you are recovering now though......

Marcelo, good stuff mate.....you don't need anything in those holes, they are supposed to be there. They are the shoots through which the used gun cartridges are expelled. If you weather the 'plane, there should be soot trails coming off of them.

Cheers

Tim

John Race19/01/2018 15:59:38
6885 forum posts
1477 photos

Nice advice there from Tim for Marcelo. thumbs up If your in the mess later there will be a beer for you . PO Jones is in the chair.teeth 2

Yes improving thanks Tim, nothing beats a sharp clout to the head,laugh I was up by 0700 this morning to move the car so next doors builders could work on our side.

GCRace.

Keep your up dates coming Gents, thank you

Marcello Tontodonati19/01/2018 17:21:37
299 forum posts
430 photos

Hi Tim and all,
thank you for the explanation and the tip. I am thinking to weather it a bit, no t too much, but will depend on the final result. This is why this forum is so great, there is always an answer to any question and more importantly fellow modellers willing to help. Very much appreciated
Marcello

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Parabellum
HLJ February
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest