By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

GROUP BUILD RAF 100 2018 .(JR)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim Marlow15/04/2018 14:09:58
1473 forum posts
1095 photos

Hi Bobby

I lost a whole day at Glastonbury once due to a gallon of rough cider...woke up Sunday and thought it was Saturday....

Bit of a sad tale about the orchards really.....some of those apple varieties are irreplaceable. Wouldn’t want to scrump a cider orchard though, those apples are pretty sour.

I like good Perry as well, but that is much harder to come by.

Cheers

Tim

John Race15/04/2018 15:11:26
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

beer hic zzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzface 22

GC

Mike Mortimore16/04/2018 13:12:47
1356 forum posts
1141 photos

Hi Guys,

Well I've managed to get a bit further forward with this, there is a very good chance I'll get this finished with in the time frame......face 20

20180416_134128.jpg

20180416_134142.jpg

20180416_134154.jpg

The rear tub is fixed, but the tarp, mudguards and cab are dry fixed to make painting easier. As much as I am pretty hooked on PE crookcrookcrook.... (I know keep taking the pills. ) This nearly beat me. Bits falling off, carpet monster ate loads, adjustments .....and the miniscule parts. The actual fit of the kit parts were very good. Still some work on the base to do, just in its basic state at the moment.

After some research into 'Tillys' it appears that the Austin version was never officially issued to the RAF. Other makes as Hillman, Morris and Standard were issued, but mainly the Standard version.

A little artistic licence will be used in the fact that this Tilly has been ''borrowed'' from an Army unit and utilised as a runaround.

Cheers Mike dogdogdogcat

Fernando Nijhuis16/04/2018 19:44:52
812 forum posts
686 photos

Good evening all,

Sorry for my absence the past weeks, lovely spring weather with the associated clean-up in and outside the house kept me from the bench and site….blush

Ron, lovely finish in two great water dio’sthumbs up

Peter, great looking bust.thumbs up

Marty, that’s some scratching involved, all the details added will look great once painted and weathered.smile p

Bobby, two very nice finishes, like the little dio’s you’ve made for them.thumbs upteeth 2

Tim, don’t worry about it, practice makes perfect will be an interesting one once completed.thumbs up

Mike, nicely painted figure and a lovely dio in the making.smile p

Made a little progress on the Jaguar last week.

Office and bang seat a little modified, painted and filled with pe:

20180416_181557_resized.jpg

20180416_181615_resized.jpg

This one will require a lot of filling and sanding...crook

Fernando

John Race16/04/2018 23:16:49
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

Glad to see progress being made Mike, should you finish on time I'll buy you a drink in the Mess .sadthumbs up

Fernando ...... Realised we hadn't had your company recently, your def the man when it comes to plane seats and offices . Do you think you will finish in time ?

Going to see if Bobby is OK .

Carry-on chaps.

GC Race .

Alun Wells18/04/2018 15:58:14
1285 forum posts
995 photos

Afternoon Chaps,

Cracking results coming through, an excellent GB all round.

Struggling to get time still, had a two hour window on Saturday, opened up a tin of paint, and then my pager went off. That's life!!

Bit of progress, photos to show below:-

img_3483.jpg

img_3484.jpg

img_3485.jpg

Side windows, a few aerial, to go on, have painted both rotors, ready for decals after a few touch-ups.

Cheers

Alun

PS Determined to finish by 30th Aprilteeth

Mike Mortimore19/04/2018 20:01:34
1356 forum posts
1141 photos

Evening All,

Well I've achieved I think a first........ maybe a third....embarrassed Tiz finished...... There are a couple of areas that could have been improved. Happy with the concrete part of the airfield......... But the grass area I'll have to improve on when the next ideal project arises.

The vehicle, the Austin Tillly was never issued to the RAF. See my last post. So what I've done is a bit of artistic licence....... This one has been ''scrounged '' from the Army and over painted by hand. No remedial repairs have been done like like replacing rope hooks and the like.

img-20180419-wa0051.jpg

I've named the little project ''OVER DUE'' Sweetheart/wife waiting for the return of her love one.......

img-20180419-wa0052.jpg

img-20180419-wa0053.jpg

Think I'll call this finished.

Cheers Mike dogdogdogcat

Steve Jones 1219/04/2018 20:05:49
4292 forum posts
9399 photos

Mike

A wonderful little scene. A great contribution to the GByes

Steve

Mike Mortimore19/04/2018 22:04:44
1356 forum posts
1141 photos

Hi Steve,

Thank you . Now to crack on with the Desert GB.................crook

Cheers Mike dogdogdogcat

Peter Day 119/04/2018 22:05:54
6590 forum posts
1991 photos

Great work Mike - really very nice.

Peter/

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ February
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest