By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

British Armoured Car by RODEN No.734 in 1:72 (RAF100GB)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve Jones 1204/01/2018 13:31:29
4098 forum posts
9187 photos

Hi Everyone

I have a strong connection with the RAF as my daughter served in the force for a number of years at GCHQ Northwood in London. With her time in the Falklands, America and Afghanistan she would tell me stories of not only the airmen but the ground troops who would risk their lives on patrols in the Afghan wilderness.

As I am very much a desert person I have chosen to concentrate my build on the Number 2 Armoured Car Company RAF which was a military unit of the British Royal Air Force (RAF) in Egypt during WWII.

I have chosen RODEN's 1:72 kit depicting a Rolls Royce armoured car

The kit parts are beautifully detailed. I know very little of Roden so will look forward to seeing how the kit goes together

The instructions come as a little booklet and first impressions are good

I have also brought this book for point of reference and to help me with all those extra details.

Sadly I could not locate a PE kit anywhere for this or any other similar kit. If anyone knows different then please let me know as it would be great to get some bling an this little beautiee.

As already mentioned I still need to finish off my PAK40 and 2017GB so there will be little activity here for a while. I appreciate your upcoming support and there is plenty of coco on the stove along with several jars of chokie bickies. So please help yourselves until the party gets started. Good luck everyone. Chocks away. Toodle pip

John Race04/01/2018 13:52:32
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

I'm on the front row, with a hand full of biscuits, could you manage a coffee please laughAlso brought a sleeping bag !,

Pity about the lack of PE, but don't think that will stop you from doing a great job. Plenty of chance for a lump of pewter instead.

Andy Claesens04/01/2018 14:06:48
10986 forum posts
9945 photos
16 articles

Ahhhhh the fore runners to the RAF Regimentteeth 2. Per Ardua!

Marvellous choice Steve. I'll join John in the front row,(have to have a word with him about bringing sleeping bags into the public rooms of the Mess though....)

Looks a nice kit so best of luck with it. Any ideas on which scheme yet?

John Race04/01/2018 14:10:37
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

Andy the control tower is cold !

Thank you Steve .

John .

Fernando Nijhuis04/01/2018 16:10:09
787 forum posts
649 photos

Hi Steve,

Very nice subject for the GB, like Andy I’m interested to know which scheme you’ll chose.teeth 2

Good luck with the Roden plastic.thumbs up

David Lovell 104/01/2018 16:18:21
667 forum posts
671 photos

Steve nice ,nice scale,the more recent Roden stuff is pretty good so bring it onyes

jimbo04/01/2018 16:22:39
14243 forum posts
2711 photos

Hi Steve

I'm in. Always liked these RR armoured cars. They were around for a awfully long time. I am also quite taken by 1/72 so I'll enjoy this.

Looking at the rabble you have attracted so far I would limit the biccies to two each otherwise they will cost more than the kit face 20

Chas Kenny04/01/2018 16:45:54
3777 forum posts

Hello Steve,

I'm going join in here. I have this in 1/35 scale waiting to be built. You have asked about photo etch for this model. To be honest, you don't need it. The model is superb on its' own.

Sjors Greut04/01/2018 18:31:28
815 forum posts
256 photos

Seats are going fast!
Great to see you have another go at 1/72, will be cramping in the front row with the rest.

A little quiz.... how many rivets will this one be having?

Scottie04/01/2018 19:32:28
6232 forum posts
883 photos
1 articles

I have been tempted by one of these for a long time so you could sway me.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest