By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

(RAF100GB) If it works on my pond Guy......

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Ballard17/01/2018 02:48:33
3543 forum posts
1168 photos

John I once said that to my wife, and lived to regret it.

Simon Cold winters and retirement mean lots of bench time. Between shovelling snow that is.

Wallace is now ready for his clothes. He seems to be doing an impression of Michealangelo's David in the mean time.

wallace 2.jpg

John

Peter Day 117/01/2018 08:10:17
6278 forum posts
1779 photos

Fantastic work John

The last surviving Dambuster, George 'Johnnie' Johnson has just been on breakfast news. They're reforming 617 Squadron.

Peter.

Andrew Belsey 217/01/2018 09:04:19
1965 forum posts
1130 photos

John,

Please put some clothes on him quickly - it's looking a bit weird!!

Great characters! Really enjoying this one!

Andy B

John Ballard17/01/2018 23:17:49
3543 forum posts
1168 photos

Peter Nice to hear that 617 is still remembered

Andrew The winter chill was getting to him so he is now mostly covered up.

Wallace seems to have been a snappy dresser from the photos I have found so I am giving him a flashy 1940's Austin Reid (does that name still exist?) double breasted number..

wallace 3.jpg

Onward and upward.

John

Richard Foenander18/01/2018 00:29:05
3857 forum posts
4633 photos

Nice, nice John,

In between shovels, you're progressing rapidly on this. I like the unnameable dog sculpt with his lazy sit like most labradors do.

Cheers,

Richard

Andrew Belsey 218/01/2018 09:01:25
1965 forum posts
1130 photos

Phew, that makes me feel less awkward! Love the suit, but does his left inner thigh look a little thin from the angle you photograhed? Just trying to help of course. My first impression?

Andy B

Sean Emmott18/01/2018 10:20:56
2257 forum posts
4523 photos
3 articles

Fantastic stuff as usual, John. I think that Austin Reed are still in existence, but I am FAR from a snappy dreesser, so I'm not a reliable witness on this account!

I agree with Andy's impression about Wallace's left thigh, but this is wonderful, nevertheless.

beerbeer

Sean

jimbo18/01/2018 12:28:33
14121 forum posts
2693 photos

Hi John

Always a treat to see your work and the progress photos are very welcome. As usual your skills at this kind of thing are impressive.

Jim

Tim Marlow18/01/2018 13:08:57
1375 forum posts
1055 photos

This is coming together really well. Nice job John.

If I could hijack this for a minute......

Interesting to hear Johnnie Johnson mentioned as well. I saw him as part of a talk at the History festival in 2016. The focus of e talk was a Lancaster crew, and they had a survivor from each of the crew positions. He was far from complimentary about Gibson 😉 If you want to hear it, go to CVHF.org.uk and put "Lancaster" into the search engine. I thought it was a real privilege to hear them

Cheers

Tim

John Ballard19/01/2018 02:40:44
3543 forum posts
1168 photos

Thanks Richard. I know you like to move things along, btw you should try retiring. Its great for the bench time.

Andrew Great spot and I think you are right so I have fattened his thigh up a bit.

Sean You look snappy enough to me, and you certainly are a snappy builder. Thanks for the encouragement.

Jim I'm glad the progress shots are of interest. You know it's all seat of the pants stuff as far as I am concerned.

Tim Thanks for the reference I watched the interviews, great stuff

So here is wallace with his thigh fattened up, a little more detail on his whistle, and part of his left arm. I decided that the right arm needed to be detachable in order to allow for painting, so this part is laying by his feet.

wallace 4.jpg

John

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Parabellum
HLJ February
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest