Show us your workbench

No tidying up first!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Si Benson21/01/2018 09:40:43
3896 forum posts
974 photos

Morning Gents,

It’s been done before, I know but thought I’d encourage members old and new to share a picture of their work space.

Be it a special room devoted to moggeling or a tray on your lap in front of the Tv. Come on and join tidying up especially, let’s see warts and all!!

I’ll start the ball rolling with my mini disaster zoneface 20

I managed to grab some bench time late last night, but didn’t have the inclination to tidy up when I’d finished!

I have the last 2ft of the dinner tableface 22 and for a bit of storage I have added some shelves under the stairs.

Until I can organise another shelf I’ve pinched one of the kitchen cupboards for my overflow

One day I might get the small bedroom as my den dont know

Look forward to seeing where you create your masterpieces

jimbo21/01/2018 11:44:19
14243 forum posts
2711 photos

Hi Si

You seem to have your stuff pretty well spread out. At first I thought the header picture was yours face 20

I share a room with the missus who sews and knits etc. It is a big room so plenty of space but her hobby does create "fluff" which can be a nuisance when painting. I am lucky to be able to leave the spray booth and the photo booth set up.

Steve Jones 1221/01/2018 12:04:30
4098 forum posts
9187 photos

I thought exactly the same about the header Jim. We should have known better!laughface 20

I am not the tidyest of workers. Once my latest projects are finished I will be gutting the whole study and putting up shelves and cupboards etc. I need a platform for the computer as this takes up too much bench space

John Race21/01/2018 12:25:59
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

Oh No the shame , you have been put up to this by Christine haven't you Si ?surprisefrown.

Right, I shall get out to the cave and take a photo as it is, no tidying up whatsoever.

I will be back teeth 2

John blushdisgustcrying 2

Si Benson21/01/2018 13:44:38
3896 forum posts
974 photos

Jim....Yup I definitely have bench envysmile p I suppose one of the benefits of grown up children and retirement is getting the house back. I won’t wish my life away as I still got a while before I can retire. Top stuff mate, thanks for joining inthumbs up

Steve....I wish that the header pic was my bench.....hmmmmmmheart. From here it looks like you’ve got a nice area to play with, should be nice to remodel. There are some brilliant ideas on the net for organising your space to maximise you build time....ok so now I have potential bench envy tooface 20

John...are you there? Bet he’s gone for an afternoon nap.....or Christine has made him tidy upface 20

Come up gents....I see you popping in for a looksmile.....don’t be shy, come and  join in. It’s just for a bit of fun and team building.

Edited By Si Benson on 21/01/2018 13:46:04

John Race21/01/2018 13:45:14
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

Right back .

This what we have to day outside .

It has stopped since this was taken about 1 hr ago. So again no fresh air for me todaylaugh

The workspace has gone from this .

to this .

Of course never enough room . It was worse last week , but words were said by Management as they came through. Si how did you ever get permission to take over part of the kitchen storage surprise

Jim looks well set up , very neat and tidy.

Steve, you will enjoy having a refit, some nice DAK colours on the walls teeth 2

Si Benson21/01/2018 13:59:27
3896 forum posts
974 photos

John....again another lucky so and so having all that room. And it’s not too untidy....really wink 2

I’m the domesticated one in the house....I do 95% of the cooking and associated kitchen stuff so it’s my denface 20 I do get agro when Rochelle puts stuff in the wrong cupboards or worse still, messes with my fridge organisationangry 2

Thanks for sharing Johnthumbs up

John Race21/01/2018 14:05:44
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

Si your too kind teeth 2 , another cook eh , welcome, still i'm only allowed 600mm at the end of the worktop although I do all the cooking. I like the dish washer loaded in a certain way, and have been known to redo the cutlery traysurprise

Can't see many others rolling up yet.

Si Benson21/01/2018 14:18:22
3896 forum posts
974 photos

John, with over 120 views on this thread , I would of expected to see a few more regular faces contribute sad

jimbo21/01/2018 14:36:36
14243 forum posts
2711 photos

Hi all

I am another one who does a lot of the cooking. I really enjoy it and I'm a soft touch for kitchen gadgets - can't have too many gadgets face 20

I am rather OCD when it come to being tidy and organized. I am like it around the house generally. When I visit my daughter I have a terrible habit of "tidying up". Daughter goes ballistic!!

We are all different and work in different ways. One thing is for sure and that is the state of the work space has no bearing on the quality of the modelling.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest