By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Imperial Guard Eagle Bearer & Officer

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Race13/02/2018 16:14:51
6885 forum posts
1477 photos

Well another figure follower, no remarks please Steve or from any of the other Rabble laugh

David.

When I first saw the bare plastic I was drawn to that flag, and wondered how it would look. You certainly don't disappoint, looks perfect and as with the nicely painted.

John.

David Appleton13/02/2018 16:26:32
333 forum posts
868 photos

Hi Jon well remembered, yes I picked your vast Napoleonic brain about them when I first got them, can't remember what the query was now, and yes you also brought up the strange cavalry boots on an foot soldier, my only conclusion is he stole them from a comrade or bad research smiley. Thanks for your comments and the sash and standard were a challenge to say the least. Thanks again for looking in.

David

ps I am surprised you haven't picked me up on my "deliberate mistake" on the Bearer and no I am not going to try and correct it

Edited By David Appleton on 13/02/2018 16:36:08

David Appleton14/02/2018 08:45:17
333 forum posts
868 photos

John thanks for your time and comment oddly the flag was proberbly the most enjoyable part to paint not sure what that says about me .

David

ps Im a little confused with your opening line?

Mike Wilkinson14/02/2018 17:21:07
572 forum posts
451 photos

Very nicely done.

Mike

John Race14/02/2018 19:03:54
6885 forum posts
1477 photos

David .

I will explain teeth 2, a short while ago a group of us more prone to out bursts of mirth were given the name. As I had mentioned figures and stating I was a follower I quite expected a remark from one of them . Of course I should have realised that the figure followers on here are not inflicted by a bunch of half witts. That should get a reply.

Johnteeth 2

John Ballard15/02/2018 00:03:45
3543 forum posts
1168 photos

David

I believe these two started life as busts. Someone has later added legs to each of them to make the figures. Unfortunately the leg sculptor did not do his research and in addition his proportions are incorrect, since the legs are too small or his waist is too low.

Having said that Bravo to you for making a great paint job out of them.

John

David Appleton15/02/2018 07:04:39
333 forum posts
868 photos

John these figures are only 75mm 1/24 so unlikely they ever started out as busts, with the figures in hand the proportions look fine the Officer may look a little odd as he has both knees bent. I'm going to put it down to bad research. Thanks for your comments and time

David

john hutton15/02/2018 11:12:43
4422 forum posts
1727 photos

David,

This duo have turned out very well indeed , work on the flag looks as though it could have been hard graft . However you have done a cracking job on both figures and they look very nice on their base thumbs up.

John.

David Appleton16/02/2018 07:18:53
333 forum posts
868 photos

John The collective end result looks ok sometimes I forget just how enlarged the pictures we take are and when viewed normally things look ok, still no excuse for crappy workmanship. As for the flag , who ever said this was supposed to be enjoyable. Thanks again

David

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Parabellum
HLJ February
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest