Panzer IV G Winterketten

Dragon 1:35

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
jon mattison13/02/2018 18:37:59
105 forum posts
181 photos

Evening Gents

Once again, apologies for my lack of input as of late. Going to be one of those years that tests us I think!! Anyway here is my latest build which will hopefully have some paint on it in the not to distant future......Haha

Its the Dragon 6363 kit with fruilmodel winterketten metal tracks, panzer art resin barrel with aber metal barrels for the MGs. The turret schurzen came from an old tamiya panzer J with some spare dragon schurzen doors.

(Photos for discussion purposes only)

panzer 4-ww2shots-army.jpg

As always any comments or questions are more than welcome. I'm going for a plain dunkelgelb base with a winter whitewash over it. Just got to find some crew now......  Here are my inspirational photos of this build, hopefully I will end up with something resembling these images!! 

All the best 

Edited By jon mattison on 13/02/2018 18:45:22

Jon Heptonstall 113/02/2018 19:04:36
1488 forum posts
20 photos

That looks great Jon.I like the cable.

Miniart do a rather nice Panzer crew in reversible winter wear which might suit.

Lars H-J13/02/2018 21:19:29
91 forum posts

Jon, I am in love with the tracks on this beast! I would love to build it one day.

colin bruce 113/02/2018 22:33:10
339 forum posts
38 photos

Luv the way the cable runs across the spare wheels. Don't see that too often, at least I have not! Tracks really make this beastie stand out! Can't wait for the paint!

jon mattison14/02/2018 15:30:39
105 forum posts
181 photos

Jon and Colin, thanks for your comments. I always like to add something a little different to my models and something simple like stowing the cable differently seems to do the trick. Its a eureka XXL cable which bends really nicely and keeps its shape.

Lars - As soon as I came across the original photo, I knew I had to build it!! The wide tracks give it such a different look.

Special trip into town today to buy some fresh tamiya paint.... hopefully get some paint on it this weekend

Cheers Jon

Scottie14/02/2018 16:25:56
6232 forum posts
883 photos
1 articles

That's a great looking build the tracks add a whole new level, looking forward to watching this progress.

Steve Jones 1216/02/2018 20:13:24
4098 forum posts
9187 photos

A wonderful build. It will be shame to cover it up with paint. However I hope all goes well with the winter camo.

jon mattison17/02/2018 15:48:35
105 forum posts
181 photos

Thanks Scottie, they really make a difference to the usual look.

Steve - I must admit I am a bit nervous about trying the hair spray white wash method!!

Managed to get the base coat on the turret yesterday, went for a grey primer on the barrel just to mix things up a bit more.

Hull next!!

As always comments or pick up points are more than welcome.

Cheers Jon

john hutton17/02/2018 16:20:25
4537 forum posts
1793 photos

Lovely job building the IV thumbs up . So far the paintjob looks superb too. I am a big fan of Fruil tracks, but knowing how soft the metal is , are those Winterketten cleats a bit fragile ?

jon mattison17/02/2018 20:54:03
105 forum posts
181 photos

Hi John - Thank you for your kind words. They seem pretty bombproof so far, I haven't broken any!!

Hull nearly done... I know the hatch interior was usually an off white but a few of the reference photos I have found show them as a dark colour (grey or primer red) so I have gone for a redddy colour. The engine shield things are red for a bit of artistic license.... wink 2 Good to get some paint on it!!

Cheers Jon

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest