By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Military Modelling Vol.48 Issue 3

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martyn Chorlton23/02/2018 10:41:06
324 forum posts
3851 photos
373 articles

Welcome to Military Modelling Magazine, Volume 48, Number 2. This month’s issue begins with a classic build by Andy Evans featuring Bronco’s excellent US GPW Utility Truck. Often referred to as the ‘John Wayne Jeep’, because of the close resemblance to Wayne’s character, Lt Col Vandervoort in the classic war ‘The Longest Day’, Andy’s work takes centre stage on our cover. Also featured is Alex Clark’s incredible T-90A; incredible because I am still struggling to believe that this outstanding build is in 1/72! Another novel act this month is Ian Barraclough’s Landrover WMIK with its lifelike firing of a MILAN missile complete with sparks and flame. Further realism is conveyed in figure form with William Taits superb CGS and Verlinden diorama which will get you shivering with sympathy for these retreating French soldiers.

A feature on painting artillery, dress regulations of the 1st London Rifle Volunteer Corps, a Kettenkrad walk-around and coverage of the ‘Festival of Models’ in Bordeaux are also crammed into this busy edition of your favourite modelling magazine.

‘Carry On!’

All the best

This issue goes on sale 2 March 2018

‘Airborne’ Jeep

Andy Evans presents Bronco’s US GPW ¼ ton 4x4 Utility Truck (Mod.1942)

Second to Third Generation MBT

Alex Clark converts Revell’s 1/72 T-72M1 to a T-90A (2006)

Artillery Art!

Steve Andreano presents the step-by-step process of painting his Dragon 7.5cm Pak 97/38

HobbyBoss 1/35 Landrover WMIK with MILAN Anti-Tank Guided Missile by Ian Barraclough

In the footsteps of Sergeant Bourgogne

A Verlinden and CGS Military Figures 120mm diorama by William Tait

The 1st London Rifle Volunteer Corps

Ray Westlake Looks at the 1900 Regimental Instructions Regarding Dress

Kettenkrad – ‘Little Chain Cycle’

The Kleines Kettenkrad SdKfz 2 Motorcycle Half-Track by John Norris

Festi’Maquettes Bassens, Bordeaux

David Garden covers the ‘Festival of Models’ held in the Espace Garonne Bassens on Nov 25/26, 2017

Simon Marshall-Jones 123/02/2018 11:07:06
461 forum posts
341 photos

ALWAYS look forward to the figure articles in every issue - and 'In the Footsteps of Sergeant Bourgogne' is no exception... and that Land Rover model looks VERY interesting...

Chas Kenny23/02/2018 13:12:49
3777 forum posts

Another interesting magazine. Roll on next week, provided the postman can cope with the predicted snow!

Gary MacKenzie23/02/2018 20:23:47
213 forum posts
65 photos

Reading it now using pocketmags app on windows.

Peter Gillson23/02/2018 21:22:44
1003 forum posts
751 photos

Like Gary I have just downloaded it. Looks a good read - fingers' crossed for poor weather tomorrow to keep me out of the garden!!!

Simon Marshall-Jones 126/02/2018 11:36:29
461 forum posts
341 photos

Well, cover me in whipped cream and call me Betty, what a lovely surprise to see my Mayan Hight Priest model there in the Reader's Showcase! I really wasn't expecting that.. that has made my Monday...

Peter Day 126/02/2018 15:49:39
6424 forum posts
1882 photos

A terrific issue Martyn!

jimbo26/02/2018 17:16:32
14243 forum posts
2711 photos

Postie dropped my copy through the letter box this morning. Another issue with plenty of interest for everyone.

Chas Kenny26/02/2018 17:18:35
3777 forum posts

My copy arrived today. I just need to find time to unwrap it and then read it.

Steve Jones 1228/02/2018 14:44:04
4098 forum posts
9187 photos

I have enjoyed another read of the monthly mag. Interesting editorial at the startwink. Thanks for plugging the Rolls. Really looking forward to the Kursk special next month. I think you should make it a weekly mag as its so popularface 20

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest