By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

V2 - Vengeance From Above

An over 40 year itch finally scratched, in 1/35 scale........

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

SimonT16/04/2018 01:44:49
11777 forum posts
9631 photos

oo, always like some scratch building thumbs up

Looking good so far Allen

SimonT

jimbo16/04/2018 07:43:28
14345 forum posts
2735 photos

Hi Allen

Who needs a kit when you can scratch build thumbs up Trailer looking very good.

Jim

Alan Mckenzie16/04/2018 10:59:37
3094 forum posts
26 photos

Hi Allen

A thread that might be of some use to you.

Note the problem regarding the vinyl tires eating the plastic. I thought that problem didn't exist anymore but it seems not.

See here on Missing Lynx

Fernando Nijhuis16/04/2018 18:23:13
811 forum posts
685 photos

Hi Allen,

Great looking scratch-building.thumbs up

I have the same 'Can'tcutstraightworthadamnitis', I think the cure is lots of practise…face 20

Keep it coming my friend.

Fernando

Gregory Mortara17/04/2018 04:24:43
521 forum posts
383 photos

Wow this build is getting really interesting and l’m sure you are having a blast building it...

Can’t wait to see more

Greg

Richard Foenander17/04/2018 16:53:58
3958 forum posts
4667 photos

Hi Allen,

The part count and scratching is making this into something interesting. I'm sure it's going to look great when the paint is on. Have been watching from the cheap seats.

Cheers,

Richard

Allen Dewire17/04/2018 21:51:33
1445 forum posts
1077 photos

Good Evening Fine Folks,

Sorry, this is not a real update as work has beaten up a bit. I hope tomorrow I can continue on the pump trailer and post some real progress. In the meantime I am trying to catch up with all your great builds and the new GB too...So

Scottie and Richard - I put you both together as at my place there are no cheap seats! Thank you so much gentlemen, but my seats are € 100.00 apiece no matter where you sit. The view is good though!!!!!!!!

Dude 2 - You are the foundation of my work. You keep me on my toes and steal my calculation method to boot. You truly are the man John!!!

Paul - Thanks Sir, but one picture isn't enough. There is/was a book coming out about V2 support vehicles by Volker Ruff, But it has been delayed again. It's due out this year, but no set date. I'm hoping it has a few more pics of the trailer. See below for one idea...

Simon - Thanks my friend! You seem to rub off a little on everyone here. I have always loved scratch building and you have brought back the urge to dive in and go for it once again!

Jim - Yes Sir, there is nothing more satisfying than massacring my stash of Evergreen plastic. Afterwards, you do kind of get a nice warm and fuzzy though! Thanks Sir...

Alan - A huge Thanks and a bigger tip of the hat to you for the link. I too, thought that the Melting Tire Syndrom was a thing of the past. I can't believe in this day and age the problem still exists. The resin tire sets might be the answer, but the price might shy me away. Thanks again for the super information.

Fernando - I'm not sure about the practice cure my friend. I seems that whenever I scratch build something, I have this problem. You should see me try to cut a pizza into 4 equally sized slices. The pizza will be cold before you get through laughing at my attempt...Be good!

Greg - Thanks and I am having a blast. Only work is really getting in the way of progress here. I hope to get more done tomorrow Sir! Fingers crossed...

With my Laver Laver in the last update, I did forget to post a pic of what I will use as a reference for the trailer. This is the T-Stoff tankwagen's system. On the left side is a gas powered motor for running the pump. The pump is the thang in the middle. You can see the connectors and regulators and what not pretty well here. It looks like more scratching is in my future to create this...................

blitz_03.jpg

​(For Discussion Purposes Only)

I only hope I get some table time tomorrow. This whole project has me so hyped...Thanks for looking and have a great week one and all...

Prost

.Allen

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ February
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest