By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Young Miniatures 1/10 Cossack Bust

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Pearce 113/03/2018 15:41:41
1038 forum posts
17 photos
Peter has raised the bar again.
Simply stunning my friend.The face is sheer perfection and the painting has brought out the detai to perfection.
Ive started a new hobby to pass a few hours,Fossil hunting on our local beaches!!.Find it very relaxing.
Brilliant work around Peter.
Peter Day 113/03/2018 15:48:57
6424 forum posts
1882 photos

Very many thanks Richard.

Fossil hunting? I thoroughly approve. You may remember that I also collect rocks in the form of prehistoric stone tools:

These come from the local fields. Your own area is the home of the prehistoric Clactonian culture. c. 400,000 years ago - worth looking out for.

Richard Pearce 113/03/2018 16:48:52
1038 forum posts
17 photos
Very interesting Peter.The chap.i forage with is Peter from cafe i volunteer at.I found a bovine tooth last friday.Peter reckons 5000 years plus.He found an axe head last year and antler tools.I.find it all thoroughly fascinating.I will show Peter your flint tools as he will be very interested.
Cheers from Richard
Jason Crausby13/03/2018 18:26:53
642 forum posts
521 photos

Front and centre in the display case Peter!!!

john hutton13/03/2018 20:17:36
4537 forum posts
1793 photos

Superb figure painting star, i think the face on this one is one of Young miniatures very best and you have certainly done it proud thumbs up, up there with your very best work alongside Von Hindenberg . Also the Stippling technique has worked perfectly on the clothing, i is just simply a great piece of model painting, a stunning finish star.

Peter Day 113/03/2018 21:00:43
6424 forum posts
1882 photos

Richard - Be careful, it's a slippery slope. I have thousands of bits of flint around - in cupboards, under sofas, in the shed, garage etc. I've been banned from bringing any more home.

Jason - I'll need to retire something from the cabinet to fit this in.

John - Really very kind of you. Many thanks.

Mike Mortimore13/03/2018 21:37:03
1322 forum posts
1109 photos

A cracking job on the finished bust. As Nick said A brilliant execution to this project of yours.

Cheers Mike dogdogdogcat

Si Benson13/03/2018 22:00:14
3896 forum posts
974 photos

Yet again it is great to see such a very nicely painted figure.

It’s a great looking sculpt and you’ve certainly done it justice. One small constructive comment if I may be so boldembarrassed......the wood stock on the gun is better since you adjusted it but to me the grain still seems too precise and uniform in direction.

Far better than anything I could ever hope to achieve though peter....many star‘s

Peter Day 113/03/2018 22:15:21
6424 forum posts
1882 photos

Mike - Many thanks.

Si - Many thanks also. I really struggled with the wood grain. The problem was that the stock had been given a fairly random grainy texture which really interfered with whatever pattern I tried. This was the best solution I could come up with before it drove me completely mad.

Hooch14/03/2018 06:47:59
431 forum posts

Really nice, the time you put into the coat has really paid off, really brings out the texture.

The extra work on the stock has worked too.

Great facials, really found the wrinkles to perfection.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest