By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

August '44

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sean Claxton 111/03/2018 18:05:57
4 forum posts

Hello there

I've posted this on another site, hope no-one minds the duplication.

I'm working on (anmongst other things) a small diorama with a Sturmpanzer IV, set south of Caen in August '44. This is just the in progress base, with the barn and wall made from balsa foam, small rodent from Jon Smith Modellbau and vegetation from various sources, not all of which I can remember.

Thoughts and comments (including criticisms) welcome

PS First time posting photos here so might have to fiddle around a bit...

joe strenko11/03/2018 18:57:58
603 forum posts
572 photos

excellent carving/painting on the barn and wall from the balsa foam. Looking forward to seeing some additional photos with the sturmpanzer. Groundwork looks great as well 👍

Scottie11/03/2018 19:25:43
6232 forum posts
883 photos
1 articles

That is an excellent little scene the wall and planting look very good.

Kevin Cole 113/03/2018 15:43:41
262 forum posts
51 photos

Very nice indeed, especially the ivy!

Si Benson13/03/2018 16:31:04
3896 forum posts
974 photos

Hi Sean,

Very impressed with your work, thanks for sharing thumbs up

Jon Heptonstall 113/03/2018 16:59:23
1488 forum posts
20 photos

Lovely work Sean. I could just sit down there with my sandwiches and a cigarette.

Erich Heissler 113/03/2018 20:58:08
15 forum posts
37 photos

Hi Sean, Great little scene there. I really love how you did all the vegetation and ivy. Beautiful work on the Balsa Foam wall. It's really great stuff to work with. Can't wait to see the finished dio.

john hutton13/03/2018 21:04:05
4537 forum posts
1793 photos

Terrific diorama developing thumbs up, groundwork is very nice indeed wink 2, Balsa foam walls are not too bad either mate face 20. Is that the Jon Smith rodent on the Left of the last picture ?

Sean Claxton 120/03/2018 09:36:50
4 forum posts

Hello there

Thanks all for the encouraging comments; Sorry about the delay in replying, I've been travelling on a short holiday due to a "significant" birthday recently, in cricketing terms an age where one would "raise one's bat to the dressing room"....

I have a few more balsa foam constructions underway, I really like it to work with.

John, the rodent is in the middle of the last picture. I'll be adding more flora where the splodges of green paint are, by the way. They're just sort of "markers".

I'll post some more in a few days if things go to plan.

Cheers all

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest