By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

PIGMENTS .jr

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Race19/03/2018 20:01:02
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

Evening all .

Today while searching the web for binders for pigments I came across a company called VMS Modelling Solutions

https://www.vms-supplies.com/store-pigment-binders.

I had a good look through their site , loads of interesting things , well written and in depth instructions .

I was interested in the concentrated AB cleaner and thinners, along with most of the other products. Some though were

quite over the top, there was a making a tarp from paper sheet, well be time you had cut

it and applied two differing substances to enable it to be removed for painting

I had nearly fallen asleep , can't beat pva soaked tissue paper over some cling film laugh

Any way thought some one might like to have a look .I of course have no connection with them, but just wanted to share.

Now I will attempt to get rid of this green print.teeth 2

Has any one used or heard of them ?

John .

Peter Lynch 219/03/2018 22:25:53
106 forum posts

John,

People who are keen on getting exact finishes on their dioramas will like this range of products, as the pots certainly seem thorough in their design. For example, the Smart Mud Light Earth is described as follows: "This is COLD hue variant of European mud based on light soils - albeluvisol and podzol. Appropriate for northern and central Europe theatres." I had heard of podzol as a soil type but mentioning albeluvisol puts the icing on the cake - or should I say the mud on the ground? Now modellers won't need to go to their local Community College for a Master's Degree in Soil Science, as the brainwork has been done for them ...

Peter

John Race19/03/2018 22:49:48
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

Peter.

Spot on about the soil types, thought I was reading some highly technical literature at one point .

The only thing that was of real interest was the concentrate thinner and an cleaning fluid.

John.

John Race20/03/2018 20:05:45
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

I'm going to bump this up as I would like to know what the rest of you think .

John .

jimbo21/03/2018 11:12:43
14357 forum posts
2736 photos

Hi John

That looks to be a very interesting range of products. I had not heard of the company before. I wonder if they have any UK stockists or attend any shows. I notice they do a flexible CA. That could be very useful depending on how thick it is.

Jim

John Race21/03/2018 13:38:56
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

Jim .

Hi mated, yes they give a supplier in Scotland , but I notice they didn't stock the full range. I was interested in the concentrate. Had a quick look at that CA, think its all to do with setting times. I buy mine from Tool station, they have various types at sensible prices ,free p& P if you spend over £ 10.

No connection of course but a happy customer of a good many years standing.

John.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ February
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest