By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Sd.kfz.222(DesGB){PS}

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ross Moore16/04/2018 08:41:59
5765 forum posts
1071 photos

Scottie

Looking good mate, this is a fun little kit to build.

cheers

Rossco

Scottie16/04/2018 12:22:50
6417 forum posts
886 photos
1 articles

John~ Bench is tidy again I had to I couldn't see it any more lol.

​Simon~ No I must admit I cheated a little and just fitted the etch over the existing detail mainly due to the fact there is no internal detail . The details on the lockers are included in the etch as are the blanking panels for under the wings to form the locker body. Tamyia kits are as we know good for fit but often leave a lot to be desired as to detail. It does make modeling more interesting and I prefer it to the over engineered kits from other manufacturers.

​Ron~ Firstly a warm welcome to the site and I will tell you my way, and you will no doubt receive advice from other people as we all have our way of doing things. Firstly make sure the part you are going to attach fits well and you know how it should fit before using any glue. Then use the glue sparingly, I squeeze some on to a non porous surface then use an applicator I make mine form sowing needles just cut through the eye to leave a small fork then hold it in a suitable handle. When it gets clogged with glue just burn it off with a flame caution do not breath the fumes. With the etch always wash in warm soapy water prior to use and dry. Then gently score the mating face with the back of a blade to give the CA a key. Only use small amounts of CA for really small parts clear varnish can be used. To clean the joints whether plastic to plastic or etch to plastic wait until completely dry then scrape the residue off, I also use a glass fibre pen but again caution as the bristles can be an irritant. and finally I use used scouring pads to smooth all back. Sorry I went on but I hope it helps. I will try and post a picture of the Glue applicator later.

Scottie

Scottie16/04/2018 12:23:38
6417 forum posts
886 photos
1 articles

Ross~ Thanks mate yes it a great little kit.

Scottie

Scottie16/04/2018 18:04:05
6417 forum posts
886 photos
1 articles

Ron~ Here is the applicator that I use.

dscf1393.jpg

​Spent the day adding the details to the front fenders. The large PE item forms the storage locker the kit had nothing and no support brackets either. There is still details to add the fenders but I will leave these until later as they will be easily damaged or knocked off.

dscf1392.jpg

dscf1391.jpg

Thanks for looking

Scottie

Daniel Horvath16/04/2018 20:14:21
257 forum posts
509 photos

Hi Scottie very nice job you doing with all that photoetch ! I build the same model about a year ago for the diorama im building, but all this detail on yours i might just hide mien somewhere in the corner! 😜 Good luck with the build! Regards Danny

RonGlass16/04/2018 20:48:57
9 forum posts

Scottie, You're a class act, Thanks so much for sharing your techniques with me, plenty for me to go on ! The toothpick - and - copious amounts of accelerator just weren't working for me, lol.... well, that and more patience and technique, of course... I'm excited to finally have some sound methods to start putting in action. Though I had read somewhere that varnish works well with tiny details, I never knew about the washing and scoring methods for PE, nor the forked-needle applicator, fantastic to know !

Scottie16/04/2018 21:25:00
6417 forum posts
886 photos
1 articles

Hi Daniel~ Having seen your work there will be no reason to hide any of your stuff in the corner.

​Hi Ron~ Hope I have helped a little there are lots of techniques but they work for me, but everyday is a school day and the great thing about this site is we teach each other.

Scottie

John Race16/04/2018 23:08:26
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

Evening Scottie.

Shame no photo crying.

Think we should name you Mr Etch, always neat .

John.

Scottie16/04/2018 23:11:28
6417 forum posts
886 photos
1 articles

John,

I don't know about Mr Etch there are far more serious etch men on here lol. What photo?

Scottie

John Race16/04/2018 23:27:14
7467 forum posts
1541 photos
15/04/2018 22:18:35
7444 forum posts
1530 photos

Scottie, ah then my friend we need to see the bench . Jim for one will be waiting .laugh

John .

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ February
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest